We are looking to appoint an ICT Technician to our central IT team.
You will assist with the provision of IT Support services and project related activities at our Croydon office and at any of our Academies to cover short term absences and vacancies as a roaming technician, or as an extra pair of hands when required, thus enabling Group ICT to maintain the provision of excellent, ITIL aligned IT Services to our customers.
The Harris Federation is a leading large multi-academy trust in England for primary and secondary education. Our Harris primary and secondary academies across London and Essex are making a significant difference to the life chances of young people and our mission is to ensure that every student in a Harris Academy receives an outstanding education. With 51 academies in and around London, over 4,000 staff and 38,000 students, we are a successful and thriving organisation. Our people are at the heart of our success.
Main Areas of Responsibility
Your main areas of responsibility will be:
- To provide high-quality technical IT support, advice, and guidance, in accordance with ITIL and HarrisNET principles, to Head Office staff.
- To ensure that all IT Support needs are logged appropriately on the Service Management system.
- To retain ownership of IT Support tickets and ensure staff are regularly informed of the status of their support ticket.
- To ensure that IT support tickets are resolved within the target resolution time as dictated by the SLA.
- To re-route or escalate IT support tickets to the appropriate team as necessary and work with 3rd line support, Project Managers, and other stakeholders to achieve resolution.
- To identify, implement and document workarounds for desktop related problems within the Knowledgebase.
- To identify recurring IT incidents and perform root cause analysis to identify the underlying cause. Notify the key contacts within the Federation and Academies under your care on detection of a major incident affecting the service or our ability to deliver a service
Qualifications & Experience
The successful candidate will:
- Be confident communicator at all levels, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be self-motivated, with a can-do attitude and a strong commitment to delivering results on time and to a high quality in a fast paced, constantly changing environment.
- Have the ability to self-manage, organise, and prioritise tasks and work under pressure during troubleshooting and problem-solving.
- Be professionally presented, flexible, adaptable, and capable of handling the various pressures and demands associated with this highly customer focussed ICT support role.
- Show good knowledge of Microsoft products, including Office 365 and Office 2016, SharePoint, Apple OS, and other desktop related software products. Excellent troubleshooting and resolution skills, backed by a clear, analytical approach to problem solving.
- Have the ability to react quickly and effectively to issues and opportunities.
- Have significant, recent experience in a similar, ITIL aligned, IT support role, preferably in a school or other educational environment.
- Have current, in-depth experience of supporting Windows 10 PCs, laptops, and tablets.
- Have recent experience of supporting Apple products, including iMacs and iPads, in an educational environment.
- Have proven experience of supporting Microsoft products, including Office 365 and Office 2016, SharePoint, and other desktop related products. Current, proven experience of Active Directory, including the administration of User accounts, Distribution and Security Groups within a Windows Server Active Directory.
- Have a proven track record in working to strict timescales and of working with staff at all levels.
- Have experience of delivering small projects, management of scope and customer expectations.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. Before applying, please review our Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.
The Harris Federation is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.As a provider of employment and education, we value the diversity of our staff and students, and all our staff are equally valued and respected. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff.