Role: IT Technician
5 Days a week on site
Our client supports the delivery of the ICT service, systems, security, and ICT staff across the company. They will work as part of the ICT team to design, maintain and deliver safe, effective ICT systems for the company. They should identify areas of improvement and make recommendations to the ICT Network Manager.
The successful candidate will have the following qualities and experience:
- Experience in school's network and ICT delivery
- Relevant qualifications (at least to Level 3 i.e. A-Levels) and/or five years' relevant experience.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety regulations relating to ICT and schools
- Experience of formulating and managing planned maintenance activities
- A wide range of mobile technology systems and services
- Managing Windows networks and G-Suite
- Developing and maintaining virtualisation technologies
- Active Directory, DNS, AD, DHCP, print management
- Thorough knowledge of current best practice, products and statutory requirements
- Maintaining services to users such as filtered web access, data storage and retrieval, networked printing and photocopying, email services and various software packages
- Cloud technologies for emails, calendars, data storage and collaboration
Skills and Aptitudes
- Identify and meet the needs of both internal and external customers in order to deliver a high-quality service
- Analyse issues, make informed judgments, take appropriate action and accept responsibility for results
- Discuss and explain technical issues to non-technical stakeholders
- Adjust and adapt working practices to accommodate requirement changes
- Ability to effectively and efficiently organise time and resources to complete work accurately, thoroughly, and on time
- Identify and meet the needs of all key stakeholders in order to deliver a high-qualityservice
- An ability to communicate efficiently and confidently to both staff and students
- Take a long-term view and develop successful strategies through effective planning
- Learn new technologies
- Track, review and assess new and evolving hardware technologies and make recommendations on how they should be incorporated into the school (where appropriate)
- An ability to adapt successfully to changing circumstances, identify fresh approaches and question traditional approaches and assumptions
- Be prepared to work unusual hours on occasions in cases of operational necessity
- Possess a full clean driving licence and have use of a vehicle for business purposes and appropriate insurance
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position.