Our Business Services team is a collective of creative, strategic, forward-thinking business enablers. Together the People & Culture, Marketing & Communications, IT, Operations, Finance and Quality & Risk Management teams make it their mission to ensure Mazars has the right tools, technology, strategies and services in place to deliver exceptional client service and future-proof our growing business. Quality and Risk Team
We deliver our client services with the highest level of integrity, independence and technical excellence, and our Quality and Risk Management team play an integral role by supporting our client teams in maintaining these high standards, embedding quality throughout our firm.
The team is led by the UK Head of Quality (who is a member of the Executive Board) and provides thought leadership on various quality matters including Legal and Contractual, Reputational Risk, Auditor Independence, Financial Crime and Information Governance. Job Purpose
As an Information Governance Manager, you will be accountable for delivery of day to day data protection compliance activities including data subject rights management, key projects, accreditations and training provision. As a key point of contact within the Information Governance Team, you will be capable of making decisions and supporting others in delivery of their roles within the team. Role & Responsibilities
- Respond to queries and requests from clients / prospects for information on Firm controls in respect of information governance.
- Deliver training, guidance and internal communications to support continued education and awareness within the Firm.
- Oversee annual completion of the NHS DSPT toolkit.
- Support activities undertaken by the team to manage and improve information governance controls across the Firm.
- Report on team activities, ensuring timely production of KPI information.
Data Protection Compliance:
- Ensure requests to exercise data subject rights are responded to fully and on a timely basis, including assessing information for and compiling of responses.
- Investigate, support remediation of and report on data security compliance matters.
- Deliver key internal projects to ensure continued compliance with data protection legislation.
- Conduct internal activities associated with data protection compliance include data protection impact assessments.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Support the team in projects to drive forward compliance in data protection and information governance.
- Maintain key relationships within the business, working closely with the IT Security team to ensure alignment and collaborative working.
- Any other duties as deemed appropriate to the role, as identified from time to time.
Inclusion and Diversity
- Qualification is data protection such as CIPP, BCS or equivalent is preferable.
- Extensive experience of practical application of data protection laws, particularly in the management of data subject rights.
- Experience of delivering projects in tight timescales.
- Ability to assimilate large quantities of information, assess relevancy to defined purposes and translate into deliverables.
- Works well within a team environment, developing and maintaining relationships within the team and wider firm.
- Strong communication skills are required, together with the ability to work under time pressure and to deadlines.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Self-sufficient with a drive to continue developing.
- Actively seeks to develop subject-matter knowledge.
- Evidenced ability to support, manage and develop others.
- Strong IT skills with Microsoft applications.
At Mazars inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We recognise that being an inclusive and diverse organisation makes us stronger as a business.
We seek to attract and recruit people who reflect the diverse nature of our clients and communities, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, faith or belief, social background, age and disability. Mazars selects candidates based on skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience.