Venture Recruitment Partners are working with a well-known, fun and dynamic business based in Fareham.
Our client is looking to recruit an Accounts Assistant on a temporary to Permanent basis. This is a great opportunity to join a business that s growing on the up and are looking for further expansion.
The role requires you to be in the office five days a week. You will report to the Finance Manager. The client would describe themselves as being dynamic and fast paced. Therefore, this role requires a well organised individual with excellent numerical skills, an ability to be able to think and act commercially, with a desire to be involved in all aspects of finance.
You will be responsible for:
- Sales ledger invoicing and credit notes including daily invoice runs
- Upload invoices to customer portals
- Work through monthly VAT errors
- Setting up and maintaining customer accounts on sales ledger in accordance with company standards to include correct legal entity, Standard Industry Code categories and credit terms up to agreed authority levels.
- Detailed preparation, administration and filing of sales ledger invoices and work tickets in accordance with the needs of the customers.
- Assisting in month end management reporting procedures to the Team Leader and depot staff.
- Tidy up of old and unused accounts.
- Provide support to the credit control function.
- Provide cover for all other roles within the invoicing
- Adhoc requests as of when required.
- Sort through all incoming mail, distributing and actioning as appropriate.
- Undertake filing and general administrative tasks as required.
This is a brilliant opportunity to gain good experience with a fantastic company.
A desire to study or be Studying AAT would be useful as well as having an ambitious and dynamic approach.
You ll need first class communication and great attention to detail.
The customer is centric to the company and therefore good customer service skills would be beneficial.