Do you want to play a pivotal role in removing the barriers to achieving employment for those who are in treatment or recovery from alcohol or drug use?
If you are committed to integrating employment support into treatment and recovery support, and passionate about creating opportunities for peer support and enhancement of the lives of those in recovery, this IPS Employment Specialist role could be the job for you!
A key deliverable in the role of IPS Employment Specialist is to eliminate the stigma attached to treatment and recovery for alcohol and drug use, by championing for and actively seeking opportunities to aid service users into employment as part of their recovery journey.
This is a fantastic opportunity to help those in treatment and recovery to claim their future.
We Are With You are working in partnership with the Scottish Association for Mental Health (SAMH) to deliver the Individual Placement and Support (IPS) Service in North Lanarkshire.
The service has already been running successfully for two years using the internationally recognised IPS supported employment model. The model works on the approach of place then train and has a principle of zero exclusion.
This IPS Employment Specialist position may be your perfect role if you thrive on developing and maintaining partnerships and effective relationships to champion the rights of those in treatment or recovery to enter employment and training that matches their skills, experience, and aspirations.
You will be responsible for providing frontline support to individuals wanting to enter employment. You will use evidence-based interventions to support individuals to elicit the behavioural changes needed for their success and provide quality support services and facilitate peer support opportunities.
The focus of this IPS Employment Specialist role is championing the IPS and recovery models in all aspects of the service, raising awareness, and representing the organisation as appropriate.
We welcome applications for this IPS Employment Specialist role from candidates with experience in the following areas: Employment, Recovery, Drug, Employment, IPS, Substance Misuse, Employment Specialist, SVQ Level 3, Communication Skills, Presentation Skills, IT, MS Office, Google Workspace, Driving Licence. Essential Skills
- SVQ Level 3 or equivalent
- As this post will involve travel across North Lanarkshire, a full driving licence and access to your own transport is essential.
- Sound knowledge of best practice in the provision of addictions and/or employability and employment services
- Experience of multi-agency partnership working
- Able to assess clients' vocational functioning on an ongoing basis, utilising background information and work experiences
- Ability to develop relationships with multiple stakeholders, including employers, partner agencies, clients, and their families/carers
- Working knowledge of a broad range of occupations and jobs
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to deploy effective employer engagement strategies
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Well-developed IT skills, familiar with Office Suite and Google Workspace
- Ability to manage and resolve conflict
- Ability to balance competing priorities within tight timescales
- A proven track record in placing people into employment and/or in supporting people to achieve sustained employment
- Understanding of national development priorities and the needs of the business community in relation to employability and employment
- Good understanding of the local labour market
- Understanding of employment law and employer's responsibility
Everyone should feel comfortable getting the support they need for issues with drugs, alcohol or mental health.
At We Are With You we work with people on their own goals, whether that's staying safe and healthy, making small changes or stopping an unwanted habit altogether. We give people support in a way that's right for them either face to face in their local service, community or online.
We provide a free and confidential service without judgement to more than 100,000 people a year.
We use our expertise to improve the help available and raise awareness around drugs, alcohol and mental health so that more people can get support.
We Are With You.