A market leading organisation require an IT Category Specialist. Applicants need previous exposure to IT procurement, the ability to manage tenders and experience in / understanding of category management strategies. Hybrid working.
The IT Category Specialist will work closely with the procurement leadership team to develop and embed category management strategies within the organisation. This is an exciting time to join as the department embarks on a period of transformation and change. The role presents a great first step into category management. The organisation can offer CIPS sponsorship.
The IT Category Specialist will work on strategic procurement tasks - supply market intelligence, tendering, negotiation etc. whilst being embedded within the IT stakeholder community.
Specific duties of the IT Category Specialist include:
- Supply market intelligence activities and development of the IT supplier ecosystem
- Foster strong relationships with IT stakeholders - understand requirements and use to shape strategy
- Supplier selection/de-selection
- Negotiation with suppliers
- Cradle-to-grave tendering - RFI, RFP, RFQ, etc.
- Post contract management and supplier relationship management activities
- Work with procurement leadership to embed category management into the organisation
IT Category Specialist applicants should meet the following criteria:
- IT procurement experience
- If no IT procurement experience, regulated or public sector/non-profit procurement experience can be considered
- Ability to perform strategic procurement tasks - tendering, supplier selection, negotiating etc
- An understanding/appreciation of; category management, supplier relationship management, contract management
- Desire for a progressive career within and CIPS studies