Nelnet is a diversified and innovative company committed to enriching lives through the power of service as a student loan servicer, professional services company, consumer loan originator and servicer, payments processor, and K-12 and higher education expert. For over 40 years, Nelnet has been serving its customers, associates, and communities.
The perks of working at Nelnet go beyond our benefits package. When you join the Nelnet team, you're part of a community invested in the success of each individual. That support comes through in our work, as we are united by our mission of creating opportunities for people where they live, learn, and work.
This position is responsible for providing support in the Implementation and servicing of client institutions using NBS FACTS products and related services. The Implementation Specialist I is a support contact for client institutions and responsible for trouble-shooting and implementation/migration of various products, training and integration of internal and external services. Products include, but are not limited to: Actively Managed Payment Plans, Stand-Alone, FACTS Grant & Aid, Incidental Fee Billing, Payment Forms, Pre-Pay Accounts, FACTS SIS, and payment/data integration. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide support as part of an overall Implementation team to an Institution who is implementing one or more FACTS products/services.
- Contact with school(s) to establish Implementation timeline(s) and expectations.
- Work closely with CSMs and/or RVPs to enhance the customer experience and satisfaction.
- Verification and/or completion of the Master PSA and any other needed paperwork.
- Coordinate data exchanges with clients and their various AR/SIS systems.
- Work with other Operational departments (e.g. Account Manager) to ensure smooth transition from Implementation.
- Establish/maintain a training program for client institutions including curriculum and training sessions customized for the institutions needs.
- Conduct online training with new institutions and/or new contacts at existing institutions, instructing them on all aspects of the products they are implementing.
- Contribute to documentation and/or training materials in one of more of the following ways: 1) provide input from customer requests; 2) develop materials; 3) maintain materials and/or 4) research and implement new ways to present materials for clients.
- Provide ideas and analysis in regards to enhancements to current processes and features of new or existing products.
- Overall management of technical and operational aspects for FACTS product implementation.
- Provide phone support and back-up for all areas of NBS-FACTS as needed.
- Maintain project tracking in SalesForce, and any other internal tracking required for work/time management and auditing purposes.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Team Leader.
Bachelors Degree preferred (four-year degree BA or BS). EXPERIENCE:
- Three years of experience in product service or implementation preferred.
- Excellent references, upon request.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills with the ability to constructively discuss sensitive issues.
- Very detail oriented and a creative thinker.
- Ability to work as a team player and establish good rapport with co-workers.
- Excellent customer service skills (friendly, courteous, helpful and patient).
- Excellent prioritization, organization, and time management skills.
- Strong computer skills, including experience using Microsoft Office applications, Web Forms, and the Internet.
- Ability to effectively instruct customers in the use of computer application and other services.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and meet deadlines.
- Strong initiative to get tasks and objectives completed without supervision.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and effectively lead change.
- Ability to work overtime as required, without supervision.
- Ability to take direction from multiple sources and prioritize effectively.
- A positive person with a can do attitude.
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement, performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability, and a robust wellness program. Click here to learn more about our benefits: LINK () .
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Corporate Recruiting at or .
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.