For over 235 years, BNY Mellon has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world s leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment and wealth management and investment services in 35 countries. As of Sept. 30, 2021, BNY Mellon had $45.3 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $2.3 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments.
- Under moderate guidance, works with internal and external datasets and client reference data and provides analysis in the development statistical, financial and/or econometric models for analyzing asset performance, securities data, derivative pricing, risk exposure or other sophisticated concepts.
- Provides analytical support and prepares drafts of standard and ad hoc reports for assigned area.
- With moderate guidance, supports assigned area with more advanced statistical and quantitative analyses.
- Serves as resource to less experienced colleagues.
- Runs models, looks for exceptions, takes corrective action.
- Uses technology tools to conduct analyses.
- Applies techniques such as SQL and querying and macro development to extract data for populating models.
- Has a good understanding of the relevant processes and products in assigned area and which analyses, methodologies and approaches best support assessment of performance, risk, or valuation. Interprets findings and prepares initial drafts of standard reports.
- Prepares ad-hoc reports at the request of managers and/or other leaders.
- Translates complex technical concepts and analyses to non-technical audiences.
- Reviews accuracy of reports and calculations performed by less experienced colleagues.No direct reports.
- Provides guidance to more junior analysts.
- Primarily responsible for the accuracy and quality of own work.
- Work contributes to the achievement of team goals.
- Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced degree in quantitative analysis preferred.
- 5-7 years experience preferred.
- Experience in quantitative finance and technology preferred..
What we can offer you:
- Challenging, fun and supportive environment
- 25 days holiday (in addition to Bank Holidays) plus opportunity to purchase up to 5 extra days
- Highly competitive benefits package including pension and private medical cover
- City centre location
- Competitive discounts on travel and parking
- Discounts on a range of local retailers
- Opportunity for further academic training - including NVQ, IOC, Degree and soft skills
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.