Licensed Practical Nurse - Pediatrics
Full Time, 4-day work week, 36 hours a week
$17.00/hr plus experience
Eligible for a $2,500 sign on bonus
We offer competitive salary, benefits (including medical, dental, vision), retirement, PTO, and 9 paid holidays.
If you are a compassionate professional who provides exceptional quality care, Jordan Valley is for you! We are Missouri's largest Federally Qualified Health Center founded in 2003 and we serve 75,000 patients each year. The mission of Jordan Valley is to improve the health of our community by providing high-quality and accessible medical, dental, and behavioral health services to Southwest MO. We're collaborative and believe in always going above and beyond as part of our commitment to deliver excellent care to our community!
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN.) performs duties within the scope of practice as defined by the Missouri Nurse Practice Act requiring all nursing care shall be given under the direction of a person licensed by a state regulatory board to prescribe medications and treatments or under the direction of a registered professional nurse, physician, or nurse practitioner. The LPN performs duties for the promotion of health and in the care of persons who are ill, injured, or experiencing alterations in normal health processes.
- Utilize nursing knowledge and skills in the safe implantation of basic preventative, therapeutic, and nursing care of assigned patient as evidenced by documentation and observation of positive patient care outcomes.
- Assists in data collection on the EMR.
- Carries out physician orders accurately, directly, and indirectly.
- Administers medication accurately, observing patient response, as evidenced by documentation in the medical record and lack of negative outcomes.
- Maintain and coordinate communication among patient, staff, and physician as evidenced within medical record, client, and health care team feedback.
- Report patient needs/programs and observations regarding patient's condition to the physician.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the healthcare team in coordination of the patient's care as evidenced by other department feedback.
- Participates in staff development programs.
- Takes direction and initiate actions (cross/additional training) that will allow the assumption of cross-functional duties to ensure seamless patient care.
- Participates in continuing education activities and obtains required contact hours.
- Complies with the Clinic's infection control policies and procedures which reflects OSHA Blood-borne Pathogens Standard to ensure a safe working environment for self and others.
- All other duties as assigned.
Our benefits are designed to encourage a healthy work-life balance.
- 4-day Work Week
- Health (Both HSA and FSA options and access to our Telemedicine program)
- Free dental and life insurance, and long term disability. Affordable rates for family dental and life insurance.
- 403b retirement match on the 1st of the month after 30 days.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Day One PTO Accrual
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Free On Site Fitness Facility at our Springfield Tampa Clinic
- Graduation from LPN program and current LPN license.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required, must obtain within first 90 days of employment.
- COVID Vaccine required for all new employees.
- Minimum of one year nursing experience in a Clinic setting.
- Community health nursing experience.