Open to fully remote
Linaro has driven open source software development on Arm since 2010, providing the tools, Linux kernel quality, and security needed for a solid foundation to innovate on. Linaro works with member companies and the open-source community to maintain the Arm software ecosystem and enable new markets on Arm architecture.
If you have a passion for open source and want to be part of a community, then you belong at Linaro. Linaro offers you the opportunity to advance your career in an outstanding environment for professional growth, all while working alongside a team of world-class open source experts on leading-edge technology.
The Linaro Toolchain Team is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic LLVM compiler engineer to join an effort to improve the LLVM/Clang compilation pipeline. The team is already a notable contributor to LLVM for Arm ecosystem. This role will support a broader push to improve the performance of LLVM Toolchain for AArch64 and 32-bit ARM architectures.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Identifying and implementing features in the LLVM compiler, libraries, etc.
- Assisting in the analysis and development of benchmarks and test applications.
- Collaborating closely with the open-source LLVM community as well as Linaro members internal compiler teams.
- Triaging and debugging regressions on Arm targets.
Relevant skills and experience:
- LLVM development experience.
- Understand how to work with an open-source project and get the work upstreamed
- Knowledge of AArch64 architecture, AArch64 assembly, etc.
- Ability to be productive in a globally distributed team.
- Familiarity with Fortran, Rust, or MLIR.
- Windows application-level development or experience with open-source packages on Windows.
- Basic awareness of recent developments in Arm processor architecture,
such as SVE, MVE, Arm TrustZone , etc.
- Strong English communication skills, especially over the phone, email, and IRC.
Subject to Covid-19 restrictions, international travel will be required, from time to time, for attendance at Linaro Connect meetings, industry conferences, team sprints and on rare occasions to Member/customer sites