What is on offer?
AHK has an excellent opportunity for a Maintenance Technician / Electrician to join our team based in Prescot, near Liverpool. This position involves providing support for the business operations, including mechanical, electrical and building maintenance to our sites ensuring safety at all times.
Alfred H Knight are an independent provider of inspection and testing services. Established in 1881, AHK operates in more than 40 countries with a well-earned reputation for providing reliable, professional services.
We provide specialist services for a wide range of commodities within base and minor metals, steel raw materials, ferroalloys, precious metals, platinum group metals, industrial minerals, solid fuels and fertilisers. Our clients include miners, smelters, refineries, traders, financial institutions and government bodies.
We maintain rigorous quality standards to ensure that our operations provide the highest level of services to our clients. We achieve this through compliance with industry standards and regulations for laboratory, inspection and quality management, including ISO: IEC 17025, 17020, 9001, 14001 and 45001.
Our people are our finest asset and as a truly global company, we value diversity, and respect people from all backgrounds.
Do you have what it takes?
To be successful at Alfred H Knight, you will need to display the following:
Required Knowledge and Work Experience
- Completed recognised trade in Electrical discipline.
- C&G 2360 Electrical Installation Part 1 &2
- C&G 2391 or equivalent Inspection, Testing & Certification of Electrical installations
- Good diagnostic skills
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Good attention to detail.
- Flexible working attitude as out of normal working such as weekends maybe required to carry out repairs/maintenance activities
- Perform out of hours call out system on rota
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- 18th Edition of IEE Wiring Regulations
- Building Services maintenance experience
- Previous experience in foundry industry or Laboratory environment
- Knowledge of "Permit to work "systems and compliance with maintenance standards and good industry practice
- Working Knowledge of BMS systems
Hours of work - 37.5 hours per week between Monday - Friday on 08:30 - 17:00 (within 1hr unpaid lunch break)
What are the benefits?
We are offering an excellent opportunity with a salary and benefits package to match including pension, life assurance and an employee assistance programme.