30158BR Requisition ID:
30158BR Business Unit:
TSU Job Description:
CDM Smith is a multi-discipline engineering, architectural, and construction firm. Our firm is responsible for the design and construction of large-scale water and wastewater plant design, transit facilities, industrial facilities, office space design, facility planning and condition assessment work.
This position can be located out of any U.S. based CDM Smith office. We'll consider partial remote schedules for this position.
The Management Specialist will be responsible for set up and maintenance, and troubleshooting of State DOT managed Workspaces in ProjectWise, OpenRoads Designer, OpenBridge Modeler, MicroStation, Civil 3D, and AutoCAD in support of our Transportation Services Group. The Management Specialist participates in reviewing new software and technology needs in collaboration with the Applied Technologies and Business Technologies groups.
- Manage and revise CDM Smith Graphic Standards to ensure the firm is up to date with changing technologies and workflows. Ensures CDM Smith standards are implemented.
- Responsible for setup and maintenance of ProjectWise managed workspaces for all state DOTs for use with MicroStation, OpenRoads Designer, and OpenBridge Modeler.
- Responsible for creating and revising metric and imperial template files for Civil 3D. Creating and manage piping and appurtenances, pressure and gravity piping systems. Building new components as required for specific projects. Creating and managing services cases with Autodesk for issues that cannot be resolved.
- Create special blocks and components for Civil 3D as needed for Transportation models using solids modeling operations.
- Use 3DS Max, Lumion, and Camtasia extensively to create animations and tutorials for clients.
- Use Infraworks to combine design layout with Civil 3D data for site work and design visualization animations and analysis.
- Develop new workflows for Civil 3D, OpenRoads Designer, and OpenBridge Modeler.
- Participate in weekly Autodesk discussions regarding existing and new tools and workflows that can potentially improve performance.
- Tutor and mentor AutoCAD, Civil 3D, OpenRoads Designer and OpenBridge Modeler users through live meetings and creating animation tutorials
Management Specialist 5 (Information Technology - Transportation) Group:
HQT Employment Type:
Regular Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree.
- 7 years of related experience.
- Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. Why CDM Smith?:
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! ()
Join Us! CDM Smith where amazing career journeys unfold.
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to do so. Where its a priority that the company takes good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team, and together we will make a difference and change the world. Job Site Location:
United States - Nationwide Agency Disclaimer:
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee. Amount of Travel Required:
10% Assignment Category:
Fulltime-Regular Visa Sponsorship Available:
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position Background Check and Drug Testing Information:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as CDM Smith) reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant's criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate. In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing. U.S. Vaccine Status:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as CDM Smith) are committed to your health and safety. CDM Smith and its employees adhere to all applicable government and client COVID-19 requirements.