MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
The Manufacturing Controller's role will involve issue, receipt, packaging and management of stores and inventory and will also involve the loading, control and monitoring of work packages. The Role
What we're looking for
- Material management for live build assembly
- Stock control using appropriate tools/systems - cycle counting, temperature recording, re-lifing, serial number and batch management
- Load the manufacturing cells with the requisite jobs in accordance with planned lead times and cycle times, in order to ensure the completion of jobs in line with agreed manufacturing programmes, and delivery schedules
- Manage the efficient use of storage space for both live and inert material
- Maintain SAP data accuracy through timely execution of transactions
- Goods receipt
- Recognise in advance any potential area of concern i.e. shortages, kit availability 2 bin replenishment etc. and highlight to the appropriate authority so remedial/preventative action can be taken.
- Ensure the appropriate day to day controls are adhered to in accordance with Company, Quality and Contractual Standards/Procedures such that continuity and throughput is achieved without disruption.
- Maintain the accuracy and topicality of all records included lineside visible controls.
- Management, handling and moving of explosive materials
- Adhering to Explosive material regulations and licencing
- Liaise on a multi-functional and multi-site basis - Clear, concise and accurate communication with ALL stakeholders (Internal and external)
- Identify and implement process improvement for the business
- Experience of management of materials, parts and products within the manufacturing environment
- Team working and data accuracy are of prime importance to the successful delivery of the team's tasks
- Self-motivated, tenacious, able to take responsibility, results orientated and demonstrate and attention to details and accuracy
- Competencies such as resilience, interpersonal and influencing skills and customer focus are essential to the role
- Forklift licence preferred
- opportunities for career progression paid overtime (subject to level) great bonus scheme comprehensive pension scheme annual salary review fantastic working environment and site facilities social, charitable and sporting activities.
Join a great team!
We're passionate about our people and recognise that to continually exceed our client's expectations and needs, Manufacturing UK require an intelligent and motivated team.
We are a dynamic, focussed team responsible for delivering a benchmark Planning & Control within the live build business unit at Henlow. Servicing multiple customers both internal and external to MBDA.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.