Due to several large contract wins, our client based in Chatteris are looking for an experienced Manufacturing Engineer to join their team. This will be a very exciting role where you will be tasked to assess the effectiveness of current manufacturing operations utilising production data and make recommendations for improve manufacturing processes to ensure that products are manufactured to the correct specification, quality standards and dimensions in a cost-effective way.
There will also be a requirement to perform NPI and APQP activities to support the introduction of new customer products and provide internal and external confidence in our ability to meet production targets.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join and progress within a market leading Engineering & Manufacturing company.
- Develop manufacturing processes by reviewing product requirements
- Select equipment/tooling required to achieve the product specifications
- Design tooling to aid and improve manufacturing
- Maintains product and process quality by designing testing methods in line with the product specification
- Drafting and approval of Manufacturing Documents including, Drawings, Works Instructions, Manufacturing Procedures, Test Procedures, Risk Assessments etc
- Develop current operations and update work instruction documentation where required
- Record and analyse data to inform and support continuous improvements
- Develop and implement recovery/rectification methods as required
- Develop innovative long-term solutions to improve efficiency and maintain a high standard of quality
- Liaise clearly with customers and suppliers to ensure that all requirements are met
- Provide technical expertise to support tenders and bids
- Assist in undertaking NPI and APQP activities EG. Factory Layout, Equipment Selection, Process Mapping, PFMEA, Control Plans, Process Capability Studies, Statistical Process Controls
- Identification and selection of subcontractors
- Experience in process / manufacturing engineering position within a related manufacturing industry
- Ability to draft 3D models and produce drawings using CAD software
- Good communication and reporting skills are required.
- Broad range of different manufacturing techniques, specifically Welding and Machining, awareness of NPI / APQP methodologies
- Either a good Degree level qualification in Mechanical, Production or equivalent Engineering discipline would be required or a sound proven background in a related Industry
- Ability to use CAM or MiniTab software would be advantageous
- Continuous improvement or Lean manufacturing techniques would be beneficial
Hours of Work and Pay
- 39 hours a week
- Early finish on a Friday
- Up to £40,000