Permanent: Manufacturing Operative - Upholstery
Hours of work: Mon - Thurs: 8:00 - 17:00 (30 mins lunch)
Fri: 8:00 - 13:00
To carry out various manufacturing functions within the Upholstery Manufacturing cell.
- To cut parts into complete kits referencing drawings, templates, work instructions and/or samples,
- To shape foam using cutting tools,
- To use various adhesives, bonding a variety of parts to create built up product and finished parts (applied by spatula, brush and spray gun),
- To work with a selection of small hand tools, including scissors and knives,
- To cover build up parts with various materials, including cloth and leather,
- To dress sewn covers to assembly cushions,
- To work within guidelines / instructions to ensure traceability is maintained,
- To ensure quality of product is always to the highest standard,
- To carry out any reworks deemed necessary by Management, Supervision or Inspection,
- To keep any machinery / tools in a clean and regularly oiled condition and report any faults to the Supervisor,
- To carry out duties in a proper and efficient manner, act wholeheartedly in the interest of the Company at all times and to comply with the Company Rules and Regulations,
- Responsible for ensuring that a high standard of housekeeping is maintained,
- To help create and maintain a safe working environment and observe the published Health and Safety procedures,
- To carry out any other tasks where reasonable and relevant, when required.
- 1 years' experience of working in a Manufacturing environment
- Ability to use small hand tools, including scissors and knives
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- GCSE English and Maths (or equivalent) at grade C or above
- 1 years' experience working in Upholstery
- Experience of foam building/shaping
- Ability to read drawings
Closing date is 27th August 2022
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.