MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence.
Manufacturing UK is an integral part of the Operations Directorate whose principal mission is to ensure that MBDA's deliverable commitments are met in terms of time, cost and quality. This is an exciting time to be joining the UK Manufacturing team as it prepares for future business needs.
This exciting opportunity is to lead a dynamic team in our Manufacturing Prototype & Development facility based in Stevenage Skills & Experience
What We're Looking For
- You will be responsible for the management of a manufacturing team. You will organise, motivate and lead an integrated team to meet the relevant project programmes to time, cost and quality.
- Lead, develop and manage the team to deliver hardware of planned and budgeted standards to quality, time and cost.
- Manage day to day deployment of resources and facilities to achieve programme needs
- Conduct and support forward planning reviews
- Establish and maintain good housekeeping practices that will ensure a safe working environment that is consistent with all Health and Safety at Work and COSHH requirements.
- Contribute to the Defect Management Process including the completion of all functional audit commitments.
- Promote and maintain effective working relationships with the trade unions
- Proactive stimulation and contribution to continuous improvement activities in line with manufacturing best practice
- Identify operational risks and opportunities in line with project expectations.
- Significant demonstrable track record and experience as a skilled electrical person
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Good people management skills
- Awareness of Health and Safety
- Formal technical engineering/craft apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21 would be beneficial
- Ideally HNC or equivalent certificate
Join a great team!
We're passionate about our people and recognise that to continually exceed our client's expectations and needs, Manufacturing UK require a dedicated and motivated team.
You will be leading a dynamic, focussed team responsible for delivering manufacturing excellence, servicing multiple customers both internal and external to MBDA Stevenage with the opportunity to interact with other business units. What to expect:
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.