Our client, a life sciences business in the Royston area, are looking to recruit an experienced Mechanical Assembly Technician. This role will be focused on building and testing highly complex Scientific Instrumentation. Ideally, you will have experience working in a similar capacity, but full training will be provided for the right candidate.
Mechanical Assembly Technician Responsibilities:
- Mechanical assembly of electro-mechanical products covering the whole range from simple sub-assemblies to final instrument build and test.
- Working to build instructions to produce work of consistent high quality
- Sub-assembly, building, FAT testing and recording of results
- Keeping build records for work undertaken
- Working within a team to achieve business deadlines
- Participation in team meetings as required, including daily start-up meetings
- Working with Manufacturing and Development engineers to improve build quality and efficiency
Mechanical Assembly Technician Requirements:
You will ideally have:
- HNC or HND in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering qualification or significant experience of assembling scientific instruments or other precision products.
- Ability to technically review a problem and problem-solve.
- "Can do" attitude to difficult or challenging problems.
- Cooperative attitude and able to work with managers and peers to support the needs of the business.
- Desire to maintain and promote a safe, clean, tidy and amicable working environment.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- Ability to work conscientiously with minimum supervision.
- Experience of modern manufacturing principles, techniques and systems are an advantage.
- Would suit an entry level technician looking to improve their skills.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-respected company, and as such the benefits package is exceptional. There will be the opportunity within the business to develop your skillset and work with some exciting equipment.
If this role interests you, then please get in touch with Jamie at TEC Partners directly.