Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: Office based, Tamworth, Staffs
To design and detail Special purpose Jigs and fixtures, machine automaton, and machine parts. using Solidworks 3D CAD
Create BOM's, and maintain accurate records of the project, through to the project PostMortem.
You will hold a recognised Engineering qualification. Either through an apprenticeship, HNC or up to Degree.
You should be comfortable reading and working from legacy 2D drawings, and have the ability to concept a design solution, from a short brief, onto a blank piece of paper.
You should be willing to learn and have a flexible approach to problem solving.
Attention to detail is important, as is working to required timelines.
You would be expected to have a basic materials knowledge of steels, and their heat treatment / coating.
A knowledge of Copper (Cu) and its alloys would be useful.
You should be familiar with design principles such as Design for Manufacture, and Lean
Manufacturing. Key Responsibilities
Ideally candidates should have experience in the following
- Designing products from initial concept through to detail design using SolidWorks 3D CAD.
- Using existing standardised designs as a basis for configured/derived products.
- Specifying technical information for purchasing and manufacture.
- Producing accurate 3D model with Solidworks to facilitate paperless manufacturing
- Generate bills of materials and related documentation for purchasing and manufacture.
- Complying with regulatory compliance
- Design for ease of manufacture
- Understanding manufacturing costs
- Carry out site surveys
- Relevant qualification in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience using 3D CAD. Computer literacy generally be good.
- Experience designing special purpose machines, assembly automation, and fixturing
- Experience of sheet-metal and welded structural fabrications.
- Experience working within quality systems and regulatory affairs an advantage.
- Strong organisational skills
- Be receptive to change and challenge
- Good communicator
- Being able to work both as part of a team or individually
- Innovative, open minded approach to design
- Highly driven and motivated
- Reliable and committed
- Hands-on approach to work
- Active interest in Engineering
Hours 40 per week
8:00am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday