Apply for this job now

Mechanical Estimator

Location
Southampton, Hampshire
Salary
£35,000 to £45,000
Job Type
Permanent
Posted
13 Jul 2022
Mechanical Estimator

Southampton

£35-45k + excellent benefits including 25 days holiday, 4x4 pool car, sick scheme

Excellent career progression!

Background:

Our client is a well-established and highly respected mechanical engineering organisation offering complete project services to a variety of industries including Petro-Chemical, Oil & Gas, Power, Water and Pharmaceutical. Due to expansion, a brand new role for a Mechanical Estimator has become available to join the Sales and Marketing team.

This role is to lead and develop multidiscipline construction estimates for the tendering of various projects such as process pipework, structural steelwork, vessel & tank fabrications and other welding/ manufacturing requirements within the industries.

This will be a very varied role with around 40% of your time based on site and the remaining 60% in the office.

Overall Duties and Responsibilities:

You will build a network of strong customer relationships. Organise, deploy and manage competent resources to meet tender requirements. Identify, pursue and support business development opportunities. Develop strategies and innovation for ensuring efficient and profitable cost estimates.

In addition you will specifically:

Prepare, compile and co-ordinate the development of the estimate, ensuring all required estimating documentation is completed and issued to the Sales & Estimating Manager in line with the bid schedule.

Read and interpret ITT/RFQ documentation in full, raise any TQ s or where information is believed to be missing or unclear.

Participate in tender analysis and risk reviews along with the Sales & Estimating Manager & Managing Director.

Prepare material quantity take-offs (Piping, Steelwork etc.) from drawings and specifications provided within the enquiry documentation.

Work with subcontractors and suppliers to prepare and distribute enquires to obtain accurate quotations for materials and sub-contract activities required for the RFQ.

Manage the company database to ensure all enquiries are uploaded onto the system with all RFQ documents saved.

Accurately complete labour requirements for each RFQ.

Compile contract variations obtaining approval from the client and submit to the project manager.

Review and agree project progress payments with the production department on a monthly basis.

Create new business streams to increase client base within the different sectors.

Liaise with clients to understand existing and upcoming projects and report to MD/OD or estimating dept.

Meet and exceed monthly forecast sales targets

The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience and skills:

At least 2 years experience working in a similar role, as either a Mechanical Estimator or where estimation has formed a key part of their job

A sound engineering background in the Petro-Chemical, Oil & Gas or similar industry.

Have worked with and understood site installations within the pipe work sector (petrochem, HVAC etc)

A comprehensive knowledge of the following industry codes and standards is desired:

Pipe work codes ASME B31.3 / ASME B31.1

Pressure vessel codes ASME VIII & PD5500.

Structural Steelwork BS EN - 1090

Excellent computer literate skills with a working knowledge of word and excel

High level of mathematical / numerical competency

Excellent communication skills

In return you will receive a generous salary of around £35-45k plus benefits to include:

Company Pension Scheme through Standard Life .

Company Sick Scheme.

25 days Holiday Entitlement. (Excluding bank holidays)

Opportunity to grow within the business.

4 X 4 pool vehicles will be provided for site visits
Apply for this job now

Details

  • Job Reference: 657037221-2
  • Date Posted: 13 July 2022
  • Recruiter: Red Chilli Recruitment
    Red Chilli Recruitment
  • Location: Southampton, Hampshire
  • Salary: £35,000 to £45,000
  • Sector: Engineering
  • Job Type: Permanent