Starcom is the Human Experience Company; we believe that our clients competitive advantage lies in understanding people better, and acting on that understanding faster than the competition.
The future lies in bringing together media, creativity and data to create powerful experiences that will drive faster growth. We are the flagship Publicis Media agency to do this through our Power of One client teams that span clients such as Stellantis, P&G, Samsung, P&O and Visa.
We work differently to most agencies and base many of our models on consultancy ways of working to build a more agile workforce in this hybrid world. We complement our account teams with Squads - small teams that work for a short period to solve a specific brief. We hold cross discipline Sprints to crack client briefs at speed. These processes are designed to fuel high performance and fast results through collaboration.
Even in this most challenging period, Starcom has had an exceptional 12 months. We have welcomed brilliant clients such as Stellantis, Ferrero, Axa, KP Snacks and E.ON into the fold. Our client satisfaction scores are among the highest in the market, significantly above agency norms. We place a huge focus on our team and have driven flagship D&I and L&D programmes within Publicis Media; our goal is to help every individual reach their fullest potential and we encourage everyone to make "Brave Plays" in how they approach their work and their own career development. As a result, we have an exceptionally energised and committed talent base, all of us proud of our welcoming and supportive culture, as evidenced by our recognition as one of Campaign s Best Places to Work in 2021.
Starcom operates in over 100 markets across the world. We have very close ties to our global HQ in Chicago who encourage learning and sharing best practice with our colleagues around the world. We are part of Publicis Groupe.
About the role
The role of Recruitment Media Campaigns Manager will be to support in two key areas:
- Deliver and manage bespoke media campaign solutions for our talent attraction clients
- Support, alongside the Account Director, the ongoing development of related solutions and outputs to market
Working with MSL UK
Whilst employed by Starcom, the team essentially sits in-house with MSL UK. MSL (part of the Publicis Groupe) is a creative communications agency with a dedicated employee experience team.
You ll work alongside this team, providing a media planning, buying and management service for employer brand and talent attraction media campaigns required by their clients.
Key responsibilities will include:
- You ll be the go to media lead for selected clients, though varying demands mean it is likely you you ll work across all clients at some point
- Assessing client media briefs from MSL account stakeholders, and liaising with either MSL or the client direct to establish full clarity on the need and requirement
- Researching and creating relevant bespoke media plans, working with media partners to establish best solutions and to negotiate costs
- Delivering (and presenting where required) your plans, with clear substantiation of use for each media and the solution it provides
- Process buys and orders on their behalf with media partners
- Working alongside client account team stakeholders to help ensure the campaign is successfully delivered
- Report on media campaigns - you ll be responsible for delivery, performance oversight, campaign management and reporting where relevant
- Biddable media (search/social) will likely pay a significant part in most campaigns - audience research, as well as initial campaign objectives and structure advice at the brief stage will need your input.
The scale of individual campaigns can vary significantly, so you ll be expected to work across range of requirements according to client need.
The fundamental focus of activity is through recruitment specific platforms like job boards or vertical trade channels, with a strong reliance on biddable media too (search & social). Social offers a powerful platform to deliver rich and varied employer brand and attraction communications for clients - as such your knowledge and confidence in the use of social media for employee attraction will be key, both working with client stakeholders and in partnership with Publicis biddable team specialists.
Whilst this tends to be the core of most activity, briefs can also offer opportunities to work with a range of other media platforms such as programmatic display, print, outdoor, radio etc. It s an opportunity to bring your knowledge and experience to the fore, and assess and improve where you see fit, the media solutions clients adopt. As such, you ll be confident in presenting your recommendations and to seek buy-in from client stakeholders. The client base offers both UK and EMEA scope for campaign attraction.
- You will possess strong experience in a recruitment attraction focused, media planning role
- You will have significant experience of owning the full life-cycle of a campaign, from brief to delivering the campaign live, to campaign management, reporting and analysis
- You will have knowledge and experience of paid social media campaigns (either your own direct activation or in partnership with a specialist) - this includes understanding key metrics and the different opportunities platforms offer in relation to recruitment comms and attraction
- You are curious and pro-active - willingness to investigate and pursue queries within briefs, media proposals and reporting
- You will be adept at interpreting data and identifying themes and inconsistencies
- You ll have an appetite to support researching new media suppliers and partners