Full time oncologist/hematologist providing outpatient cancer treatment and maintenance services. Clinical hours are scheduled for a total of 40 hours per week. (An average of 36 patient contact hours and 4 hours per week for administrative tasks). The oncologist, together with all other providers in the assigned clinic, will provide telephone call coverage 24 hours a day, 365 days per year. Such coverage will be shared among all providers.
1. The oncologist/hematologist is responsible for providing cancer treatment using chemotherapy or other targeted therapies or immunotherapies.
2. The oncologist/hematologist is responsible for providing evaluation and treatment for hematological disorders.
3. Responsible for diagnosing, explaining the diagnosis and stage to patient, and discussing all treatment options.
4. Evaluate and manage medical conditions to include symptom and side effects of cancer and cancer treatment.
5. Collaborates with appropriate specialists to provide treatment, ie breast surgeons, radiation oncologists, radiologists, pathologists, etc.
* Provide the Services promptly and efficiently, using Provider's best efforts, in accordance with good medical practices and the community standard of care.
* Comply with all applicable NAH Medical Staff bylaws, policies, procedures, rules and regulations, and the provisions of NAH's Corporate Compliance Program.
* Follow all current professional standards and at all times act in a manner consistent with all principles of professional ethics.
* Cooperate with Administration and other employed providers to ensure appropriate coverage during Provider's absence due to vacations, illness, or participation in continuing medical education (CME) activities, and other such times when coverage is required.
* Perform any duties required by virtue of Provider's membership on the Hospital Medical Staff, including committee assignments and attendance at meetings.
* Actively participate in quality improvement, utilization review, clinical protocols, risk management, and compliance activities as requested by NAH.
* Cooperate fully with and assist NAH personnel in fulfilling the requirements for state licensure, Medicare and AHCCCS certification, and DNV accreditation.
* Provide CME to NAH's nurses and other personnel as reasonably requested by NAH.
* Comply with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, including, without limitation, the rules and provisions relating to the billing and documentation of Services for Medicare and the Arizona Medicaid program (the Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System, or AHCCCS ) and abstaining from unethical and unprofessional conduct as defined by Title 32, Arizona Revised Statutes.
* Prepare accurate and timely medical records and other documents as requested by NAH utilizing the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) selected by NAH, including, without limitation, records and documents related to Provider's Services. Provider will prepare the records in accordance with the Hospital Medical Staff Bylaws (if applicable), the policies and procedures of Hospital and NAH, and all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, including all regulations relating to billing for the Services.
* Satisfy all qualifications for insurability under NAH's insurance program, including self-insurance and NAH's professional liability coverage policy, as applicable for the particular specialty practiced by Provider.
* Refer all patients to NAH facilities and providers, and to such non-NAH providers, practitioners, or suppliers as may be indicated by NAH, unless: (i) the patient expresses a preference for a different provider, practitioner, or supplier; (ii) the patient's insurer determines the provider, practitioner, or supplier the patient must use; or (iii) the referral is not, in the best clinical judgment of the Provider, in the patient's best interest.
* Submit a Conflict of Interest Disclosure, when indicated.
* Take all actions necessary to apply for, obtain and maintain credentials to participate in any managed care plan in which NAH participates as a provider. Participate in good standing and without limitation as a provider under Medicare, AHCCCS, and other health programs offered by federal or state governments, and commercial payers as requested by NAH.
* Refrain from engaging in activities that are disruptive to the operations and workflow of any NAH location, or other NAH activities, or that would be embarrassing to NAH.
* Monitor NAH email on a daily basis when not on approved leave.
* Assign to NAH all rights to patient billing and collections for any and all of the services provided while in the employ of NAH.
* Treat the health information of all patients as confidential protected health information.
* Responsible for reporting any safety-related incident in a timely fashion through the Midas/RDE tool; attends all safety-related training programs; performs work in a safe manner; monitors work environment for possible safety issues and ensures others are also performing work in a safe manner.
* Stays current and complies with state and federal regulations/statutes and company policies that impact the employee's area of responsibility.
* If required for the position, ensures all certifications and/or licenses are up-to-date and valid prior to expiration dates.
* Completes all company mandatory modules and required job-specific training in the specified time frame.
* Demonstrates and utilizes the guidelines of care and practice via the nursing process and in accordance with Arizona State Board of Nursing Laws and Regulations.
* Maintains professional competence through supervision, continuing education and other relevant learning experiences.
Graduate of an approved medical school as an MD or DO - Required
Certificates and Licensure
Obtain and maintain board certification in the Specialty, including recertification, as required by NAH's Medical Staff Bylaws - Required
Maintain an Arizona medical license and DEA license without restriction - Required
Board certified as specified in the Medical Staff Bylaws - Required
Completed hematology oncology residency or fellowship program - Required