Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
The A/R Follow Up Specialist is responsible for the management of Medicare accounts through written or verbal direction from patients, aged trial balance reports and Medicare rejection reports for the accurate and timely filing of claims for maximum reimbursement. A/R Follow Up Specialists will have the ability to provide support to other Accounts Receivable departments, as needed. All staff must adhere to all department policies and procedures.
- Customer service duties include answering telephones politely and confidently for patients and others regarding billing inquiries and resolving billing issues.
- Act as a resource regarding Medicare compliance guidelines.
- Accurately enter information provided by various sources to correct claims in regards to CPT and ICD-10 codes and send out results in a timely manner to Medicare.
- Must be able to interpret and communicate Medicare Explanation of Benefits.
- Must be able to interpret and communicate Explanation of Medicare Advantage Benefits.
- Audits accounts showing Medicare denials to resolve balances.
- Resolve invoice issues from outside laboratories for Medicare patients.
- Communicate with Team Lead and/or A/R Supervisor as needed.
- Strong data entry skills, with the ability to meet production guidelines as set by A/R department policy.
- Ability to stay work focused and performs job duties efficiently and accurately.
- Employee must comply with Sonic Healthcare USA's compliance policies and procedures.
- Duties include but are not limited to the above mentioned responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of computer technology and terminology
- Ability to type and demonstration key proficiency
- Perform duties in a timely and accurate manner
- Maintain confidentiality of information
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the company, with patients and physician office staff
- Possess effective work habits and ability to build/maintain work relationships
- Ability to read and comprehend English
- Ability to work under deadlines
- High School diploma or GED
- Typing (min 35 wpm) and 10 Key
- 2 years' experience in standard Medicare or related HMO plans
- Experience with medical coding, private insurance, laboratory and/or medical billing
- Customer service experience
- Bilingual speaking skills/Spanish
- Experience in multitasking environment
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Sonic Healthcare USA, Inc
Sonic Healthcare USA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.