Mobile Service Engineer based in Durham
Salary + van + fuel card + on-call allowance + 25 days holiday + bank holidays + life assurance + health insurance + auto enrolment pension
Regular technical training updates from our inhouse team and manufacturers.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Mobile Service Engineer to join the team at Nationwide Platforms.
As Mobile Service Engineer you'll visit a variety of customer sites within the North West, carrying out maintenance, repairs and inspections on our powered access machines to a high standard.
This is a fantastic chance to use your engineering skills in a varied role and join the UK market leader in powered access.
- You will be responsible for the fault-finding, servicing, repairs and maintenance of a range of powered access equipment within the depot and on customers sites.
- Routine service and maintenance of all equipment and products.
- You will be required to complete all relevant supporting paperwork in line with company procedures.
- Carry out refurbishment of equipment and products where necessary.
- Promote teamwork between colleagues across all depots, to ensure delivery of an effective workshop performance.
- Liaise with relevant team members to estimate and advise on equipment repair costs also providing recommendations regarding write off, damage and recharge to customers.
- Ensure the van is fully equipped with spare parts at all times.
- Ensure service records are maintained and updated onto systems and daily worksheets are populated.
- Adhere to company guidelines on Health & Safety at Work.
- Adhere to damage process, ensure product damage is highlighted.
- Maintain and ensure maximum productivity in line with company targets.
- Represent the company and values of the business and portray a professional and business-like image to all customers, potential customers and other people you meet in the course of your work.
- Be a key driver in Your Safety is our Priority by leading from the front
- Carry out other tasks and duties as required.
About you: -
- Relevant general maintenance qualification and proven experience gained within the plant rental sector preferred.
- Experience in plant, diesel engineering, auto electrics, hydraulics and diagnostics/fault finding.
- Have the ability to prioritise tasks and work well under pressure.
- Good interpersonal skills and a good understanding of the importance of excellent customer service.
Nationwide Platforms is the market-leading powered access rental company in the UK providing a fleet of more than 15,500 machines with working heights from 3m to 90m.
With a depot network spanning 38 depots, Nationwide Platforms provide its customers with leading safe access solutions for working at height. It also has the largest powered access training department in Europe, delivering a comprehensive range of working at height training courses to powered access operators and the wider access industry.
Nationwide Platforms is part of Loxam, Europe s largest equipment rental company operating in 30 countries.