Manpower are currently working in partnership with Bedfordshire's largest employer in their search for Multi-Trade Facilities Technician to join their Technical Services Department, based in Luton. Reporting to the Building Services Team Leader, this role will be extremely varied and will cover all building fabric maintenance, involving a variety of planned and preventative maintenance activities across the site.
On offer is the opportunity to join a fantastic hard-working team, where your efforts will be rewarded with a competitive salary of £40,132 and an extensive benefits package that includes 33 days holiday, company sick pay, profit share scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance, occupational health assistance, on-site gym with classes, and more!
The role would be ideally suited to someone who has completed a formal trade qualification (i.e. City & Guilds or similar, in Carpentry, Electrical, Painting & Decorating, Plumbing) who has a positive outlook and attitude, who will be capable of identifying and resolving problems, and possesses good organisational skills.
Some of the key activities you'll be responsible for are:
- Planned, preventative and reactive maintenance across the building portfolio, ensuring replacement of parts on a like for like basis, or improvement of the failed product.
- Executing tasks that will enhance the customer experience.
- Assisting in drainage maintenance and alterations. (Night works)
- Undertaking emergency call outs as per rota.
- All other appropriate duties as requested by Line Manager
The knowledge, experience and attributes we require of the successful candidate are:
- A commitment to working as part of a team
- Previous construction or maintenance experience
- Good H&S understanding
- Willingness to work in conjunction to other trades and subcontractors if required
- A can-do attitude towards work
- Ability to work on own initiative managing constant and often conflicting demand
- Good verbal communication skills and active listening skills
- Full commitment to achieving customer satisfaction
- Accepting of new methods of working and embracing change
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Excellent time-keeping
- Capable of ensuring work is completed "Right First Time"
- Ability to produce consistently high quality workmanship
- Flexible approach to work
- Ability to undertake work outside normal working hours as and when required
- Ability to complete physically demanding tasks and work at heights in confined spaces, in line with our Safety procedures
- Confident to challenge existing standards with a view to improving them
- Honest and truthful at all times
- Ability to accurately record works on required web based CMMS system ensuring the right information is fed back to manager.
If all the above sounds like the opportunity you're looking for, and you can demonstrate the required skills and experience, then please do not hesitate to apply or contact me today!
Due to the nature of the business successful candidates will be required to have been a resident in the UK for a minimum of 5 years, and have complete work reference history covering the last 5 year period. You will also need to pass a criminal record check and pre-placement medical. This employer does not provide sponsorship.