Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers' success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Your greatest work is ahead!
Leidos has a current job opening for Network Administration and Operations (T4) specialist supporting the DOD ABIS Sustainment and Services contract. This five year program will provide operations, maintenance, software sustainment services and hardware procurement services, and associated support for all devices associated with the DoD ABIS system. As a Network Administration and Operations specialist you will be responsible for the operations, maintenance and system updates of all network equipment associated with multiple environments.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world's toughest security challenges for customers with can't fail missions. To explore and learn more, click here !
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments. Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks. Operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems. Contributes to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
- Provides technical guidance for directing and monitoring information systems operations. Designs, builds, and implements network systems.
- Directs compilation of records and reports concerning network operations and maintenance. Troubleshoots network performance issues. Analyzes network traffic and provides capacity-planning solutions.
Monitors and responds to complex technical control facility hardware and software problems. Interfaces with vendor support service groups to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
- Manages the testing, installation, and support of network communications, including LAN/MAN/WAN and cloud-based systems
- Performs system-level design and configuration of products including determination of hardware, OS, cloud-based and other platform specifications.
- Ensures DOD cyber compliance of all assigned systems / equipment.
- Performs a variety of systems engineering tasks and activities that are broad in nature and are concerned with major systems design, integration, and implementation, including personnel, hardware, software, budgetary, and support facilities and/or equipment to include cloud services.
- Provides quality assurance review and the evaluation of new and existing network related products.
- Provides input to policy level discussions regarding standards and budget constraints.
- Monitors / mentors more junior network engineers on staff.
- Monitors responds to hardware and network problems.
- Provides the routine testing and analysis of all elements of the network facilities (including power, software, communications machinery, lines, modems, and terminals).
- Utilizes software and hardware tools and identifies and diagnoses complex problems and factors affecting network performance.
- Troubleshoots network systems when necessary and makes improvements to the network
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Bachelor's Degree and 8+ years of applicable experience
- Must be able to obtain DOD Secret Clearance
- Hands on Experience with CISCO devices
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Prior DoD ABIS, IAFIS, Biometrics or related experience is a definite plus.
- Able to obtain DOD 8570 certifications (Cyber Security and Environment) within 60 days of hire.
- DOD or DOJ Secret clearance
- Be able to obtain DOD Top Secret Clearance
- CISCO certifications
- AWS experience
Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00