Job Title: Operational Support Manager
Salary: £32,306 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Length of the contract: Permanent
Grafton Recruitment are now seeking to appoint an Operational Support Manager for our Public Sector Client based in Sheffield. The Operational Support Manager will ensure that resources are available and deployed to provide high standards of service, teaching and research. The successful candidate will assume delegated responsibility for the delivery of financial, activity, waiting list and waiting time targets. They will provide line management and leadership to all staff for whom they have responsibility. A high level of collaborative working on designated tasks and projects is essential. The role also requires the post holder to work collaboratively with other teams and departments within the wider organisation and externally as required.
Duties of the Operational Support Manager
- Support the operational management team to achieve optimised and successful service delivery.
- Play an active role within the management team, this will require working autonomously to understand and drive delivery of operating targets and HR management.
- Ensure effective processes and procedures are in place to monitor and track performance against agreed targets within the service.
- Problem solve day to day management issues, organising and reallocating work where situations change due to variations to workload and staffing availability.
- Work independently to resolve day to day issues within the service, escalating to the Service Manager, Operational Managers, Clinical Director/Lead, or Matron where necessary.
- In conjunction with the management team, continually monitor usage of resources against planned performance, taking corrective action as necessary to ensure attainment of contract targets.
- To proactively monitor and report on waiting lists and waiting times against performance targets, including 18 weeks referral to treatment (RTT).
- To assist on service redesign issues in delivering effective, efficient and timely services, in a cost-effective way.
- Previous managerial / supervisory experience, preferably in a health care setting, including knowledge of clinical services, commissioning, financial management, service planning and management of staff.
- Analytical, resilient and creative person, who is able to work under their own initiative in order to meet challenging deadlines; comfortable with taking decisions, often under pressure.
- Uses pragmatism, flair, innovation and determination to solve problems and to be open and honest.
- Highly developed leadership skills, self - motivated and able to motivate others.
- Understands the importance of staff training/development and possesses excellent coaching and facilitating skills.
- Effective written, spoken and presentation skills.
- Sound negotiator.
- Influential and has credibility in the clinical setting.
- Evidence of availability to work as a member of a team.
- Able to build effective working relationships.
- Able to handle and resolve conflict.
Hiring Contact: Chloe Peasgood
Agency: Grafton Recruitment
If you would like any further information about any vacancies before applying, please feel free to contact