Painter & Decorator
Location: Battersea, SW11
Salary: Circa £35,000 per annum, negotiable, DOE - uniform, Mobile & van
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 8am - 5pm
• Competitive salary paid monthly, PAYE
• Mobile phone
• 22 days annual leave and bank holidays
• Paid holiday
• NEST pension scheme
• Being part of a focused and dynamic team
• Security of a permanent, full-time position
• Technology and systems in place to allow you to focus on the job.
General Post are looking for a qualified and experienced Painter & Decorator, with experience of dry lining and plastering.
Painter & Decorator - About the role:
This role will require you to undertake the day-to-day painting operations including adhoc work and a planned maintenance programme.
The day will vary from:
• Removing old paint or wallpaper by sanding or scraping, or by using heat guns, liquid paint removers or steam strippers.
• Mixing paint to an agreed shade.
• Applying paint and other materials such as varnish.
• Mixing and thinning paint.
• dry lining and plastering, as required.
• Laying dust sheets to protect areas from paint.
• Preparing surfaces for decorating by filling holes and sealing cracks
• To ensure maintenance and small repairs are carried out.
• To undertake survey inspections including in confined spaces and at height recording all work and completing associated registers/logs.
• To undertake incidental and emergency tasks and assignments
• You will work productively, within agreed timescales, liaising with key departments
Painter & Decorator - Candidate skills and Experience:
• A City & Guilds, National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) Level 3 in Painting and decorating or an equivalent qualification
• Substantiated experience in similar role can be considered as alternative to formal qualification
• Knowledge of painting methods and use of suitable materials for all surfaces
• Some fabric skills (patching, repairing plasterboard etc), an advantage
• You'll understand Health and Safety processes
• A CSCS card would be advantageous
• You'll have a great eye for detail and experience carrying out regular maintenance inspections
• Extremely professional, punctual, friendly, courteous and smart
• Organised and efficient with attention to detail
• Able to offer the highest level of service at all times
• Accommodating and flexible with a can-do' attitude
• A good ambassador for our company
• Must be willing to work occasional weekends / paid overtime
• Live within easy reach of our offices in Battersea
• Hold a full clean driver's licence
If you have the required skills and experience, click on APPLY and forward your up-to-date CV and cover letter, explaining why you are a good fit for this role.
Strictly no agencies please