Office Angels are currently recruiting for a Payroll Specialist for our client based in Bracknell.
Role type: Temporary - Permanent
Hourly rate: £19ph
Hours: 9am - 5pm
Please note this is an office based role - and there are no hybrid of remote working options
- Assist the HR Manager with the delivery of project based work. This could, but is not exclusive to, relate to implementation of the new T& A System.
- Input change of detail information onto SD Worx.
- To monitor authorisation of documentation & identify any areas of non-compliance.
- Assume responsibility for reporting lines & costs centres in both the payroll, time management system, as well as office based system.
- In-house P11D production on PAS software for payrolls
- P46 quarterly reporting for the company car fleet.
- Carry out variable data & batch entry input and reconciliations at month end.
- These tasks include commissions, bonuses, timesheets, advance recovery, some sick calculations & payroll transfers.
- Assist the HR SS Manager in the checking of Gross to Net payroll reports prior to commit.
- UK & ROI Payrolls - Sick calculations (SSP & CSP).
- To be primarily responsible for the accurate recording of sickness documentation, on the company payroll system.
- Perform calculations of statutory sick pay in accordance with HMRC sick pay guidelines. To also calculate company sick pay and apply per company absence policy.
- Inputting new starter documentation onto the HR/payroll system. Ensuring new hires, terminations, changes in personnel records, remuneration and any other payroll relevant data is properly captured and recorded.
- Inputting leaver information & calculating any accrued holiday pay due, or deductions to be made.
- ROI - Hourly paid employees.To support in the 'housekeeping' of the company's time management system for store base employees. This could include setting up new stores, reporting lines, holiday records, and employee records & correcting timecards where necessary.
- ROI - BACS payments
- BACS payments to HMRC
- UK court orders & other payments
- Completion of various month end tasks
- Headcount balancing
- Responsibility allowance payments preparartion
- Payroll checking general help UK.
- Payroll in-box quires
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience of working in a high volume payroll environment (Minimum 3 years, ideally more).
- Used in-house payroll software.
- A proactive, team player. Calm under pressure.
- Ability to prioritise workload & multi-task.
- Able to consistently work to tight deadlines.
- A high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong understanding of statutory payments, including ability to perform manual calculations of SMP, SAP, SPP, SSP & SRP.
- Able to provide gross to net calculations of pay.
- Able to reconcile payroll accounts.
- Working knowledge of excel to an intermediate level.
- Customer focused. When communicating with employees, ensure that we provide a clear, consistent & high quality of service that presents a positive image of the organisation. This includes both verbal & written communications.
- Take all reasonable steps to ensure an appropriate level of confidentiality is maintained when working with payroll data & responding to payroll queries
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to Laura at or alternatively please apply online.
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.