Role Performance Analyst
Contract 2 months
Grade £13.98 - £15.12
Connect2Luton are excited to recruit for a Performance Analyst on behalf of Luton Borough Council within their Population Wellbeing department!
As a Performance Analyst, you will be responsible for giving advice to service, completing critical returns to government departments.
To be successful in this role you must be able to ensure that there is compliance to a statutory data requirements and provision of strong evidence base for managing performance.
About the Role
- Assisting with the development, design, implementation, testing and maintenance of data systems for data collection, data transfer, reporting and analysis.
- Providing specialist advice as required in relation to record management systems.
- Undertaking a meaningful analysis of a range of complex data sets and calculate performance indicators using a range of statistical techniques and specialist reporting and analysis software.
- Applying an in depth knowledge of service areas and ensure a strong audit trail is in place. Prepare and present a range of performance reports to a variety of audiences.
- Applying sufficient understanding of performance to recognise unexpected patterns or variations in underlying data or performance indicators and liaise with appropriate officers to investigate and take action to remedy or explain justification for variance.
- Ensuring outputs for government inspections are planned and delivered, and the specified range of data, analysis and other requirements are available in a timely fashion, in the format required.
- Providing cover as required for Senior Performance Analysts.
- Experience of using spreadsheets, tables & charts, formulas and reporting tools at an advanced level and able to demonstrate this.
- Have the ability to work to and self-manage strict deadlines and targets, whilst managing periods of peaks in demands particularly at year end to ensure tasks are complete.
- Have the ability to interpret and follow complex guidance and technical definition documents.
- Have a high level numeracy skills able to calculate percentages and proportions; analyse and interpret large amounts of data and produce complex statistical and written reports.
- Acquired problem solving skills including making decisions, identifying trends, making recommendations, interpreting data.
- Demonstrable knowledge of statistical techniques and methods. Experience of using specialist, e.g. Business Objects, crystal reports and SQL software.
- Educated at NVQ2 standard in maths/statistics, or have operated at this level of complexity in the workplace.
- Able to attend meetings and work outside core hours.
Luton Borough Council have partnered with Kent County Council to create Connect2Luton, a recruitment managed service for all contingent temporary agency, contract and interim roles at the Council.
Our heritage and being local government owned means we have a wealth of knowledge and expertise within the public sector, with many of our employees having previously worked for the Council or have supplied previously into the Council, for several years.
We are an equal opportunities employment agency and business that positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.
Connect2Luton, part of Luton Borough Council & Kent Commercial Services LLP, is an equal opportunities Employment Agency & Business and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.