Do you have recent or prior experience within Social Care or a strong desire to make a positive impact on the lives of others? Are you currently seeking a new career with an employer that can offer genuine progression pathways and subsidised qualification and education opportunities?
We have a range of permanent positions in the Edinburgh and Lothians area that are offering full time and part time careers for anyone that has social care experience, we are also open to applications from anyone that displays a strong desire to build a successful career in the social care sector. In this role you will work directly with the people we work for, supporting them to make positive changes in their life and be part of their community.
There are opportunities to work with adults in a range of settings such as Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Autism, Elderly Mental Health, Physical and/or Learning Disabilities services.
Full time applicants can expect to earn between between £29,500 - £32,000 per year! (Incorporating enhancements for sleepovers and overtime, there is a possibility to earn depending on overtime availability)
Day to Day responsibilities include:
- Supporting people to live the life they choose.
- Following each unique support plans and building on people's strengths to encourage positive risk taking - helping foster choice and control.
- Providing practical support and encouragement across all aspects of people's everyday lives, including support with relationships, mobility, medications, meals, emotions, personal care, money and budgets, health and well being communication, planning for the future, participation in sports and leisure activities, and any otheraspect of life that is recorded within someone's support plan.
Additional Benefits of this role are:
- 35 days' holiday per year (pro rata)
- Time and a half payment for any time worked over 37.5 hours per week
- Fully funded SVQ qualification with support from a dedicated team
- Financial support with SSSC application fee for all new workers applying for SSSC registration
- Anti-social enhancement payment of up to £1042
- Paid mileage of 45p per mile
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption, and sick leave
- Generous pension scheme, with employer contributions
- Employee well-being scheme, retail and leisure perks platform
- Credit union Membership
- Cycle to work scheme
In ordered to be considered for this post:
- You need to apply with an updated CV
- You will need to become a member of the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) scheme and register with the Scottish Social Care Council (SSSC), but we can help you with these applications.
- Have a flexible approach to working varied hours with the possibility of working weekends
For more information on the above opportunity please apply to this advert or alternatively contact Andrew Paterson on .
Who do you know that may be interested in this role? A £300 referral bonus is available for any successful referrals!
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing.