Do you want to make a difference in people s lives?
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center is an 886-bed acute, quaternary teaching care hospital located in the heart of Los Angeles, California. We have grown to become one of the leading medical centers in the world .through inspired leadership; centers of excellence; cutting edge evidence-based practice; distinguished physicians; groundbreaking research and advanced technology.
Do you work well in a large team environment where critical thinking is essential?
Pharmacists & Pharmacy Technicians are crucial partners in the care team of every patient at Cedars-Sinai. Our patients have many different needs, from pain management after surgery, to coordinating 35 different drugs to prevent organ rejection after transplantation, to just getting the right prescription after a routine check-up. In every case, we are committed to ensuring the safest, most effective medication is given every time. Our pharmacists & pharmacy technicians are key members of the expert team of physicians, nurses and other healthcare professionals who make Cedars-Sinai known around the world. The Pharmacy Department consists of more than 430 staff members providing industry-leading, evidence-based medicine.
As a per diem IV Room Pharmacy Technician, you will be responsible for the preparation, distribution and control of sterile and non-sterile oral and injectable medications, including specialty medications, and participation in departmental programs. All duties are performed independently by the technician under the supervision of a pharmacist.
Per diems needed to assist in weekday and weekend coverage.
High school Diploma or Equivalent Required
- Registered as a Pharmacy Technician with the California State Board of Pharmacy
- You will have an adequate background in Pharmacy or Pharmacy Training, as well as show a deep sense of honesty, integrity, reliability and good hygiene. Pharmacy background is necessary for the technician to be able to interpret physicians' orders for pharmacy items and to calculate dosages, volumes, weights, etc. for extemporaneous compounding.
1. Frequent standing; walking, bending; reaching, occasional sitting, pushing & pulling, lifting of materials up to 40 pounds for distances to 10 feet.Working Title:
2. Responsiveness to auditory alarms and communication devices including: telephones, beepers, fire alarms, and mechanical failure alarms.
3. Sufficient mobility to access equipment, patients and other customers.
4. Able to read information on medication labels
Pharmacy Technician - IV Room - Per DiemDepartment:
Pharmacy-Sterile Mfg-IvBusiness Entity:
Clinical & Support ServicesJob Category:
Per DiemShift Length:
8 hour shiftShift Type: