We embrace a culture of passion and dedication at Cedars-Sinai, and it's part of the reason we've been named one of the top ten hospitals in America's Best Hospitals by U.S. News & World Report. Now we invite you to join us. From working with a team of exceptional healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you'll have everything you need to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others.
Do you work well in a large team environment where critical thinking is essential?
As a per diem Outpatient Pharmacy Technician at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, you will be responsible for the preparation, distribution and control of sterile and non-sterile oral and injectable medications and participation in departmental programs. All duties are performed independently by the technician under the supervision of a pharmacist. Educational Requirements:
High school Diploma or Equivalent Required
Registered as a Pharmacy Technician with the California State Board of Pharmacy License
- You would have an adequate background in Pharmacy or Pharmacy Training, as well as show a deep sense of honesty, integrity, reliability and good hygiene. Pharmacy background is necessary for the technician to be able to interpret physicians' orders for pharmacy items and to calculate dosages, volumes, weights, etc. for extemporaneous compounding.
- You will exhibit accuracy and punctuality in all facets of their work.
- You will demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to speak, read and write the English language.
- Individuals must be able to do calculations involving ratios, proportions and percentages.
- The technician must be able to use the following equipment calculator, computer printer, PC, medication carts, automated dispensing machines etc. Proficiency in the operation of specialized equipment is necessary for assignment to specialized areas, ie OR/ER, Sterile Manufacturing, ACP, Storeroom, etc.
- Schedule/Hours- The technician must be able to rotate shifts, alternate weekends, and rotate throughout any areas requiring pharmacy technician.
Pharmacy Technician - Outpatient - Per DiemDepartment:
AHSP PharmacyBusiness Entity:
Clinical & Support ServicesJob Category:
Per DiemShift Length:
8 hour shiftShift Type: