Chair of Medicine Opportunity in CT
20 minutes to New Haven
45 minutes to Hartford
75 miles to NYC
Teaching Facility with Internal Medicine and Preventive Medicine Residency programs
Hospital is actively recruiting for a Chairperson of the Department of Medicine. The Chairperson will be assigned both administrative and clinical responsibilities at the Hospital, which will include assisting the CMO in the oversight and management of all clinical functions and promoting the integration of clinical programs and specialty services offered within the Department as well as provide clinical care in Physician s specialty.
The Chairperson is expected to serve as a role model for the department by demonstrating institutional citizenship through participation in governance and in committee activities of the department, the hospital and the profession at large.
The Chairperson is expected to provide visionary leadership of the department and to oversee the departmental aspect of strategic planning to improve the quality of the clinical, educational, and research programs. Such planning should be in accord with the overall vision for the Hospital.
Administrative Responsibilities: (40%)
Clinical Responsibilities: (60%)
Qualifications and Requirements:
• M.D. or D.O. required
• Active Connecticut License (unrestricted) or ability to obtain quickly.
• Active CT Controlled Substance and DEA Registration.
• Current Board Certification in Internal Medicine required.
• Current Specialty Board Certification preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years as a practicing physician.
• Minimum of 3 years of related experience and demonstrated leadership within a healthcare service organization
• Minimum of 3 years of teaching experience
• Experience with peer review, utilization and quality management as well as physician practice mana