We have partnered with a successful banking client with their recruitment efforts for Pricing and Value Management Analyst.
As a Pricing and Value Management Analyst, you will be responsible for delivering volume and P&L targets through the design of pricing propositions based on a deep analytical understanding of the customer and product.
The role holder will use SAS and SQL to analyse portfolio trends and past performance to provide actionable insight to grow the business. Looking beyond headline pricing, you will analyse net interest margins across all contributing factors towards finding ways to improve product profitability.
- Responsible for delivering volume and KPI targets to grow the business (e.g. new account sales, advances and margin).
- Analysis of portfolio trends to provide actionable insights that drive volume and KPI targets.
- Provide complex analytical advice and recommendations to the business, using own judgement as to when more complex issues require escalation.
- Deliver focussed management information, product insight, and data analysis which inform business decisions with insightful commentary for Senior Manager / Executive Boards.
- You ll continuously look for value by expanding your knowledge of the bank and our balance sheet - you ll analyse the underlying drivers of product margin and profitability including cost of funds, product costs, capital & liquidity costs, behavioural trends linked to margin and risk appetite and you ll seek to add value in the broadest sense of the word.
- Use financial analysis and management of NPV models to identify opportunities which guide product and pricing decisions to drive new account acquisition and back book KPIs.
- Develop and operate a range of models to ensure that they are effectively maintained, recommending and implementing improvements.
- Work closely with Marketing and Operations to deliver product pricing changes and campaigns.
- Work closely with Credit Risk to develop pricing propositions that balance risk / reward.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent. Ideally a mathematical, statistics, engineering or scientific degree at minimum level 2:1 or relevant professional qualification
- Experience working in an analytical role within Financial Services desirable but not essential
- Highly numerate and experience using Excel, SAS and/or SQL
- Commercial awareness
- Excellent organisational skills
- Proven track record of working on own initiative combined with strong people skills and the ability to operate as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain complex concepts to non-experts