Family Practice-Geriatrics opening in Long Island City, New York.
Essen Health Care is currently seeking a Physicians for our Nursing Home Divisions
- We Offer Competitive Salary
- Malpractice, Health Insurance, Dental, Optical, life insurance
- Generous PTO
- Pretax dollars transit and parking
- Paid Medical Malpractice
The selected candidate(s) will be responsible for continuum quality routine patient care and rehabilitation to our patients. Essen Health Care specializes in providing quality care in our community
Your responsibilities would include, but not limited to the following:
- Examines, diagnoses and treats patients
- Ensures fulfillment of Essen Healthcare commitment for ensuring quality care
- Diagnoses and treats variety of diseases in general practice
- Examines patients, using medical instruments and equipment
- Collects, records and maintains accurate patient information
- Documents items such as: past medical, family, and social history, review of systems, examinations, medications, allergies, assessment and plan
- Orders or executes various tests, analyses, and diagnostic images to provide information on patient's condition
- Analyzes reports and findings of tests and of examination, and diagnoses condition
- Administers or prescribes treatments
- Orders lab and imaging tests to determine and manage an immediate treatment plan
- Vaccinates patients to immunize patients from communicable diseases
- Advises patients concerning diet, hygiene, and methods for prevention of disease
- Consult with appropriate medical specialist when necessary; refer patient to subspecialists within network
The successful candidate will have the following Qualifications:
- Medical degree conferred by an accredited college or university required
- New York State Licensure, Board Eligible and/or Certified and required
- Demonstrated clinical excellence
- Nursing Home experience strongly preferred
Essen Health Care is a growing community healthcare network provides high quality, compassionate, and accessible medical care to some of the most vulnerable and under-served residents of New York State. Guided by a population health model of care, Essen has five integrated clinical divisions offering services in primary & specialty offices, urgent care centers, and nursing homes, as well as house calls for home bound patients; all clinical services are also offered via telehealth. Our Care Management division supports patient-centered care through care coordination, complex care management and helping address health-related social needs.
Founded in 1999, Essen provides care in all five boroughs of New York City, with a primary focus in the Bronx. Staffed by over 300 primary and specialty care physicians and advanced clinicians, Essen Health Care is one of the largest, most comprehensive private medical groups in New York City. Essen maintains a Clinical Information Services team that maintains our enterprise-wide electronic medical record system, data repository, clinical analytics and population health capabilities. Our Community Services teams creates and sustains relationship with community organizations and agencies and health plans.
Essen is dedicated to ensuring the quality of care for all patients and has been designated Level 3 Patient Centered Medical Home by the National Committee for Quality Assurance. Essen has won awards for its patient care innovations and recently launched Intention Health Ventures to develop and commercialize our technology innovations.
ESSEN HEALTH CARE IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Essen Health care is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically diverse population.