Are you good in understanding and explaining complex technical details? You enjoy being innovative and you like to actively form the future of a dedicated product family in our automotive division? Then we have a great opportunity for you as a Principal Engineer for Digital Concept and Design in our growing product development team. This position is part of our technical ladder: A special career path for those who share innovative ideas, demonstrate comprehensive technical knowledge, show thought leadership, possess problem solving abilities and are able to create business value.Responsibilities
In your new role you will:
- Analyze application and product requirements for automotive system basis chips and transceivers (e.g. CAN), derive the digital architecture and concept and define respective digital requirements
- Generate the digital RTL (VHDL, System Verilog) and perform gate level functional simulation
- Contribute to future architecture definition
- Be responsible for the technical lead of junior engineers and external contractors
- Work closely with verification as well as with analog engineers to perfect concept and design.
- Ensure proper documentation; lead reviews and contribute to audits.
- Support post-silicon debugging (also in legacy designs); cooperate with test engineers.
Taking new challenges without knowing the right path to an eventual solution in advance is not a problem for you. Respecting different attitudes and points of view and using the creative potential they offer reflects your mindset. You inspire others for your ideas and you explain complex issues in a clear and convincing manner.
You are best equipped for this task if you have:
- A degree in Electrical Engineering, Information Technology or similar field with focus on electronics
- At least 6 years of relevant working experience in digital design
- Excellent expertise in RTL design with VHDL and SystemVerilog including a good understanding how RTL maps to gate-level structures. Knowledge in behavioral modeling.
- Comprehensive understanding of the entire digital design flow and respective tools, including digital backend and verification
- Experience with requirement writing, requirement management tools and ideally knowledge about product functional safety (ISO26262).
- Experience with working in cross-functional teams and in a multi-cultural environment
- Systematic, methodical with strong analytical skills
- and a diligent attitude for details
- Fluent English skills (written and spoken), German will be an added advantage
- Coaching, mentoring networking possibilities
- Wide range of training offers & planning of career development
- International Assignments
- Different Career Paths: Project Management, Technical Ladder, Management & Individual Contributor
- Flexible working conditions
- Home Office Options
- Part-time work possible
- Creche and kindergarden with 180 spots and opening times until 6pm
- Holiday Child Care
- On-site social counselling and works doctor
- Health promotion programs
- On-site gym, jogging paths, beachvolleyball, tennis and soccer court
- On-site canteen
- Private insurance offers
- Wage payment in case of sick leave
- Corporate pension benefits
- Flexible transition into retirement
- Performance bonus
- Cheaper ticket for public transport and very own S-Bahn station
- Accessibility access for wheelchairs