Our established client in Peterborough is now looking to expand their production team. The role on offer is for an experienced Production Manager looking to join a specialist company on a permanent basis where you will learn new skills whilst working on high tech equipment.
- Knowledge and understanding of mailing machinery preferred but training will be given.
- Responsibility for overall daily production planning and staff organisation to fulfil all jobs correctly and on schedule.
- Complete data checks and quality checks on every job.
- Liaise with Royal Mail and other transport suppliers for collections, deliveries and required supplies.
- Maintain stock levels of all essential supplies and inform Management in time for repeat ordering of essential supplies.
- Communicate with outsourced Engineers for machinery maintenance, servicing and breakdowns.
- Mailing house background/experience preferable but not essential.
- Must be comfortable being "hands-on" with all machinery and procedures - this is an active role - not a desk job.
- Must have an interest working with machinery and have a problem-solving ethic.
- Report to senior Management regularly.
- Have good attention to detail.
- Forklift license preferred but not essential.
Hours of Work and Pay
- Days 08:30 - 16:30 Monday to Friday
- Up to £35k per annum DOE