Gap Personnel who are operating as an employment business are currently recruiting recruiting on behalf our client for a Production Planner to work for a busy client based in Knowsley.
Job Role: Production Planner
To ensure the effective and efficient supply of product, the fulfilment of supplier requirements and customer expectations/ orders
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the planning and co-ordination of site activity through accurate and cost-effective planning of finished product and components.
- Chair weekly planning meetings to communicate production plans to department heads
- To order raw materials, components, and consumables, working closely with all departments to ensure material supply meets business requirements,
- Ensure stock rotation is maintained not just on site but also at offsite storage.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives and identify areas of improvement.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with suppliers
- Resolve supplier concerns and evaluate supplier performance.
- To provide a robust plan that ensures 100% customer service whilst maintaining efficient manufacturing practices.
- To liaise, co-ordinate and communicate effectively with the internal teams and with customer supply chain.
- To respond quickly to adapt plans to meet site requirements
- Any other duties assigned to you
Knowledge & Experience
- Previous Food manufacturing experience is desirable
- Be a great communicator and be able to work confidently and independently.
- Ideally be experienced at production planning but not essential as full training will be given
- Have proficient excel skills required and a willingness to learn new IT systems.
- Managing KPI s and adherence
- Be hands on, flexible and adaptable with a positive attitude
Role Success Factors
- Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5pm with a 30 minute unpaid break
- £25,000 - £28,000 per year
Gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment, and development of the best people, basing judgement solely on suitability for the job.