Pace is seeking a talented Project Manager to drive the process from order to shipment. Candidate shall have the ability to work cross functionally across all departments involved in the order management process. The position is located at our Fairfield, NJ location and will report to the Director of Operations. Responsibilities include the following:
- Manage projects to design and manufacture highly engineered custom-made packaging equipment in accordance with customer requirements to ensure delivery of the completed project on time and within budget.
- Exercise discretionary authority for day-to-day decisions related to project coordination, planning, set up, and scheduling
- Identify project problems with costs or schedules and develop plan of action to resolve relevant issues with the Director of Operations
- Lead post-project analysis of job completion (including cost analysis) to develop plans to improve efficiencies and reduce costs
- Manage project costs and budgets for project completion and coordinate efficient use of project resources.
- Work with sales, production and logistics to schedule sales orders.
- Drive the order management process to meet shipment demands.
- Point of contact for customer inquiries about progress, FAT and changes.
- Manage, co-ordinate and own the job folder and the release to manufacturing with customer signoff. Define all documentation requirements and communicate to the responsible departments to define the schedule for completion of such documentation
- Updating company on commitments and deadlines weekly or more often as needed.
- Identify and coordinate satisfying part shortages for potential production issues.
- Communicate and manage customer relationship, acceptance and changes.
- Work with external and internal staff to estimate and quote contractual scope of supply changes, negotiate changes with the customer, and ensure that changes are properly documented.
- Manage bottle requests, planning and retention from customers
- Contribute to improving the processes.
- Manage the FAT process and signoff.
- Follow the PACE Packaging Safety First policy with the vision of zero work related accidents. Take all necessary actions to employ sustainable processes to safeguard the company's targets for Quality/Environment/Safety and Health
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum 10 years of experience with project or program management of equipment from sales thru shipment.
- Engineering degree preferred.
- Proven creativity in problem solving.
- Experience with and understanding drawings from AutoCAD, Creo and Solidworks.
- Experience and thorough knowledge of manufacturing processes, techniques, and practices.
- Understanding of lean manufacturing principles.
- Ability to work cross functionally and drive the process.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Proven Time and Project management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft products such as word, excel, powerpoint, scheduling.
Salary is only a part of a well-developed compensation program. As a Pro Mach employee, you receive more than just a paycheck. Total compensation includes your pay (base salary), very comprehensive medical/dental programs as well as life insurance, a generous paid time off program, a retirement savings plan with a company match. There is no waiting period for benefits - you are eligible on your first day of employment.
Pro Mach is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pro Mach utilizes E-Verify to verify employment eligibility of new hires to work in the United States. Pro Mach is a drug-free workplace.
- 10 year(s): project or program management
- Bachelors or better in Engineering
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Planning Skills
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Manufacturing Skills
- Solid Works
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization