Project Manager or APM - Liverpool or Manchester
This is a dedicated Project Management Team who are responsible for seeing a project through from the initial planning stages to completion. Their main task is to break down projects into stages, taking responsibility for monitoring and managing the programme, cost, quality, and risk of each stage of the project. My client pride themselves on the quality of their service to their clients and enjoy long term relationships with them.They are a sector focused business actively operating and investing in Health, Infrastructure, Commercial, Residential, Education, Sports, Nuclear and Retail clients and projects. This is a consultative role, and the Project managers work in close contact with the client, advising them on programme, procurement, risk and contractual matters that arise during the project.This role presents an excellent opportunity for a proactive individual to take responsibility for providing all project management services on a number of interesting projects in across the residential, commercial, education, healthcare, student accommodation sectors.You will work alongside a supportive team with a fantastic culture and platform to develop and progress your career.We are currently recruiting an Assistant Project Manager or Project Manager for the North West region, to be based from either the Manchester or Liverpool office. This is an exciting opportunity for an entrepreneurial individual to join and strengthen the Project Management offering and presents an excellent prospect for a proactive individual to take responsibility for providing all core Project Management services on several interesting projects, for a wide range of clients.This is an exciting moment to join this company on their journey; as their Project Management offering grows, you will have the opportunity to work across many sectors such as commercial, residential, education and leisure sectors among others within the private and public sector.You will gain valuable project and client exposure, and be offered a platform to progress with genuine support from the team and wider business to achieve your career goals.Key Responsibilities
- Supporting the project management of projects, coordinating management of the project timetable, quality, and cost, and ensuring client requirements are delivered.
- Working as part of the PM team to ensure we achieve business objectives.
- Carry out assigned duties efficiently and in accordance with processes and procedures
- Take personal responsibility for complying with Environmental, Health, Safety, Security and Quality Standards
- Awareness of the project lifecycle from feasibility through to completion and post-handover
- Experience of developing and implementing project controls for example programmes and risk registers,
- Management of meetings, taking and preparation of minutes
- Preparation of progress reports and presentation at monthly client meetings
- Experience of procurement of professional teams and contractors
- Management of multi-disciplinary project teams
- Working knowledge of various common forms of building contracts (JCT and NEC)
- Experience of administering building contracts
Person SpecificationThe ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
- Construction Project Management degree or a similar construction related qualification with technical delivery experience in a similar role gained within a consultancy or end user client.
- Chartered or equivalent professional qualification or currently working toward
- Well organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined, and commercially astute.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent customer service, communication, and client/external interface skills
- A track record of working with teams and managing projects by prioritising workloads and delivering to deadlines
- A team player with a 'can do attitude, outgoing, polite, patient, diplomatic, personable, and flexible
- Ability to identify and develop potential opportunities to secure more
With 650 UK staff and 3,600 worldwide this company has a truly global reach, and with such scope can offer a local presence to its clients almost without exception. They are committed to their core services and pride themselves on their dedication to customer care and leading-edge service provision.They are an award winning leading independent firm providing our clients with some of the most comprehensive and forward-thinking advice available.They offer a range of complementary quantity surveying, project management, building surveying and advisory services from conception, through design and construction and operational performance of facilities to their eventual disposal or reuse.Their clients have rapid access to the latest industry intelligence and innovations, which serve to enhance value and mitigate risk.They provide expert management of the relationship between value, time and cost from inception to completion. They do this through their global and local team of experts, who possess a passion for both core services and innovation.
Despite our best efforts it is not always possible to respond to every application individually due to the high volume of responses we receive on each vacancy
Only candidates who are short listed will be contacted for this particular role and if you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume that you have not be successful. However, we will keep your details on our database, and will contact you when other suitable positions come in.