Due to continued growth, our highly successful technology services client is seeking a Project Manager to join their team on a permanent basis.
This key role will involve planning and managing the resources for all aspects of project delivery including pricing and management of projects such as build, delivery, storage, logistics, cabling and installation.
You will also be responsible for planning resources to ensure that the projects are delivered on time, to budget and to the customer's satisfaction.
Our client is based in Cardiff, with sometime spent at the Cardiff Head Office and some time on site with clients too throughout the UK.
The role will involve occasional over-night work, as you will managing the roll-out of installation projects which will on occasion, take place overnight. You'll be required to work remotely during these times to assist with any issues that may arise.
- Plan cabling and equipment installation projects at customer sites to ensure full functionality according to the specifications.
- Co-ordinate and manage site meetings throughout the life of the project, in order to ensure that key project milestones are met.
- Price projects based on the information provided by the customer, scope of work report or adhoc work requests.
- Liaise with the customers to ensure open communication channels are maintained, meeting the needs of the customer, and following up on any issues which may arise during the life of the project.
- Negotiate with the customer, supporting the business development manager in selling appropriate services.
- Plan, allocate and control project resources; this could be in the form of specialist equipment, sub-contractors, suppliers etc.
- Monitor project activities to ensure that the project is completed in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Select and purchase all the necessary equipment from suppliers and arrange delivery to site to meet the needs of each project.
- Ensuring all project engineers adhere to the Company's health and safety policy whilst carrying out works on behalf of the Company.
- Ensure that anyone working on the projects is aware how to raise any health and safety concern.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Prince 2 qualified or similar qualification or qualified by experience.
- Possess experience IT / Technology roll outs.
- Experience of managing various projects at the same time.
- Experience of meeting customers face to face, ideally customers at all levels of an organisation.
- Experience of managing 3rd party contractors and able to support engineers.
- Effective communication skills - both verbal and written - able to communicate at all levels internally and externally and able to maintain rapport with customers.
- Highly developed planning and organisation ability.
- Able to think logically and clearly and make decisions and using own judgement to reach the best conclusion.
- High level of computer literacy including project management software.
- Ability to analyse data.
The company offer a superb working environment, excellent benefits, and opportunity to progress within a swiftly growing division. Salary is 28k, plus a generous car allowance (£5,600).