Purchase Ledger Clerk - Cardiff
Salary £24,000 - £26,000
My client is an established business, looking to recruit an experienced Purchase Ledger Clerk to come in and join the team. Working closely and supporting the Finance Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining a busy purchase ledger desk.
You will play an integral part of the team, processing high volume invoices and dealing with supplier queries and generally supporting the finance team with their workload.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Processing invoices and reconciling delivery notes to invoices via the GRN purchase order system
- Sending supplier queries to the sales team for resolution and dealing with suppliers directly
- Setting up new supplier accounts and maintaining existing account details within the purchase ledger
- Monthly reconciliation of supplier statements
- Assisting in the preparation of purchase ledger payments each month
- Answering the telephone for the accounts dept and the transfer of sales calls
- Filing Invoices
- Filing Statements
- Covering aspects of the sales ledger function from time to time
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- The ability to work to monthly deadlines
The suitable candidate will possess good IT skills and be committed and dedicated to getting the job done. Previous exposure of working within a similar role would be highly advantageous. My client is prepared to train and support, but they are looking for an individual that is happy to work and cover the purchase ledger function from start to finish over time.
The role is working in a busy office environment therefore you must be able to prioritise your workload and ensure a high level of accuracy at all times. Hours of work are Monday - Friday 8.30am - 5.00pm or 9.00am - 5.30pm. with an hour for lunch. The role will be office based and on-site parking is available.
This organisation offers a friendly working environment and the opportunity for a hands-on role. As you will be working in a small team, you will make a difference to this long-established business. Therefore, if you are interested and keen to find out more, please contact the office Now!