QC Analyst - Specialty Chemicals - Cumbruia
Purpose of Role:
To work unsupervised and analyse raw material and final product samples submitted by the Operations or Technical department.
Role specific responsibilities:
- Perform testing on finished goods samples, in-process samples, wastewater samples, solid waste, and other miscellaneous samples in support on the site manufacturing operations.
- Analysis of samples including receiving samples and identifying the appropriate test to be performed
- Comfortable analyzing samples using various instruments and wet chemical analysis techniques as detailed in approved and validated test methods.
- Perform routine maintenance on lab equipment and checking/ordering of lab supplies as assigned.
- Properly report evaluation and reporting of analytical results in a reasonable amount of time is an integral part of the sample analysis process.
- To carry out all analysis as required by the department, using all available techniques.
- To carry out training of other staff where required.
- To carry out where possible any fault-finding with instruments.
- To ensure that all relevant documentation is adhered to.
- To ensure that all maintenance schedules are maintained with the various contract houses.
- To work with Development Chemists on new processes.
- To supervise any staff as required.
- To maintain the COSHH assessments for the department.
- To undertake any training as required by the department.
- Active participation in continuous improvement and other lean manufacturing initiatives
- Participation in problem solving
- To take responsibility for own learning and development in the spirit of continuous improvement of both self and the business
- To assist in the training, mentoring and assessment of other team members
- To exercise autonomy and judgment subject to overall direction or guidance
Specific Role Requirements:
Education & Qualifications:
- HNC/HND or BSc in Chemistry
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office
Experience: (industry and job specific)
- At least 2 years chemical manufacturing experience desired
- Relevant experience of GC/HPLC and wet chemistry testing
- Some experience of statistical process control desired
Knowledge & Skills: (incl. specific training requirements)
- Must be competent to work unsupervised on any technique.
- Must be a good communicator and capable of dealing with people both on and off site.
- Must demonstrate initiative.