At West Fraser, Shift Lab Technicians will be tasked with the following duties:
- Complete 2-3 board tests per shift, must be able to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Transport test board to saw to cut test product to size and dispose of excess board
- Transport test product to lab testing area
- Test product according to West Fraser's OSB testing guidelines and procedures
- Complete at least 1 Dryer Moisture Sample per shift, must be able to climb 15ft. ladder
- Measure board throughout shift using Vernier Caliper
- Communicate effectively with operators and management when board quality is out of quality specification
- Assist in troubleshooting quality issues when they arise
- Adhere to all West Fraser Safety Practices and Requirements, Quality Procedures, General Guidelines, and Company Handbook at all times.
- Constantly monitor the safety of yourself and others around you.
- Notify management of any and all violations
The right candidate must possess:
- Strong Math Skills with Legible Handwriting
- The ability to Bend, Stoop, Walk, and Climb constantly throughout the entire shift
- The ability to work in a fast paced work environment
- The ability to lift and move up to 75 lbs
- The ability to proficiently operate a computer and basic hand tools
- The ability to read a Vernier Caliper
- A sense of safety and constant awareness of surroundings
- General Troubleshooting Skills, Logical, and Analytical Thinking Skills
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues and management
- The ability to work a rotating shift schedule to include: Nights, Weekends, and Holidays
- 3 year(s): OSB Mill Quality Experience or Experience working an OSB Press