Are you an experienced Quality Engineer with knowledge of ISO9001?
Do you have experience of lean manufacturing?
If so, we have an exciting opportunity in Sandwich for a Quality Engineer to work for one of our clients who is an engineering contract manufacturer, specialising in supplying the defence and security sector.
Our client is offering a competitive salary depending on experience.
As the Quality Engineer your responsibilities would include:
- Assist the quality manager in the development, control, and maintenance of quality control systems
- Monitor supply chain and production processes, performing regular tests and audits
- Identify the root cause of issues and implement RCA and CAPA
- Prepare reports and documentation as required
- Work with internal teams to support or lead customer return, continuous improvement activities & material/part investigations
- Undertake customer and supplier visits
- Provide senior quality control support
- Provide training and support to support systems, policies, procedures, and core processes
- Other duties as deemed reasonable
Quality Engineer Person Specification:
- Full current driving licence and passport required
- Degree/HNC/HND or equivalent in an engineering discipline
- ISO 9001 Internal auditor
- Quality assurance, manufacturing, and testing experience
- Use of 8D, 5 Why problem-solving techniques
- Use of MRB, FRACAS, FMEA, APQP
- Supplier, process, and system auditing
- Ensure the consistent application of quality techniques
- Excellent communication skills
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Access
- Good interpersonal skills
- Analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Solution focused
- Positive 'can do attitude
- 9-day fortnight (every other Friday is a non-working day)
- Competitive salary
- Company profit sharing scheme
- Stakeholder pension
- Death in service scheme.
- Rewards and recognition scheme
- Employee engagement initiatives
To find out more about the Quality Engineer position, please apply and we will be in touch to discuss the role in more detail.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career within this industry with a collaborative, supportive and ambitious employer in Kent.
Due to the high volume of applicants applying for all roles, we can only reply to candidates with the most relevant skills and experience. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
To view other great opportunities, visit our website or follow Morgan Jones on your favourite social networks - Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn.