Are you ready to bring your expert clinical competencies to a world-class facility recognized as one of the top ten in the country? Do you have a passion for the highest quality and patient happiness? Then please respond to this dynamic opportunity available with one of the best places to work in Southern California!
We would be happy to hear from you.
Our Spine Program is made up of a multidisciplinary team of orthopaedists, neurosurgeons, pain management and conservative care specialists, and spine nurses who work together to improve your outcome. We focus on research and teaching, which helps us to treat your spinal case with innovative solutions that put your comfort at the forefront.
Summary of Essential Duties:
- Provides and accurately documents direct and indirect patient care services that ensures the safety, comfort, personal hygiene, and protection of patients in a timely manner.
- Provides care and patient education on disease prevention and restorative measures.
- Provides direct and indirect care services, including, but not limited to, the administration of medications and therapeutic agents necessary to implement treatment, disease prevention, or rehabilitative plan of care.
- Performs skin tests, immunizations, phlebotomy and the initiation of peripheral venous access.
- Observes signs and symptoms of illness, reactions to medications/treatments, general behavior, and/or general physical condition.
- Demonstrates refined assessment skills, integrating appropriate data sources to assess the signs, symptoms, reactions, behaviors, or general appearance to determine normal versus abnormal characteristics.
- Plans and implements individualized patient care based on observations. Implements appropriate reporting, referrals and care in accordance with standardized procedures. Initiates emergency procedures when indicated.
- Provides care to special patient populations and patients with diverse cultural backgrounds. Identifies patient's readiness for learning and ability to understand directions/instructions and give consent.
- Demonstrates knowledge and is able to identify and make special adjustments as required to the specific populations needs, including cultural, spiritual, age, psychosocial, communication, gender, sexual orientation, economic, education, family and condition needs.
- Identifies and assesses patient safety concerns with respect to age and developmental considerations. Intervenes to provide a safe environment and evaluates effectiveness of intervention for patient.
Assoc. Degree/College Diploma Nursing
Preferred Bachelor's Degree Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (state accredited program)
RN State License California State RN License Upon Hire
Basic Life Support (BLS) Required Upon Hire
ANCC Specialty Certification Specialty Certification within 1 Year of hire
3 years of relevant acute care experience in Spine or Peds Ortho
1 year Must be a Clinical Nurse II at CSMC for at least one (1) year, to be promoted
within the clinical ladder.
Standing, Walking, Sitting, Lifting - 50 lbs., Carrying - 50 lbs., Pushing - 75 lbs., Pulling - 75 lbs., Climbing, Balancing, Stooping, Eye/Hand/Foot Coordination, Crouching, Crawling, Reaching, Handling, Grasping, Feeling, Talking, Hearing, Repetitive Motions, Kneeling Working Title:
Registered Nurse II - Spine 8 Hr DaysDepartment:
Spine CenterBusiness Entity:
Service Lines & OpsJob Category:
8 hour shiftShift Type: