We Are Hiring:
Sign-On Bonus Available: $10K ($5K for part-time) Sign-on Bonus for those qualified candidates provided you successfully complete all pre-employment requirements and subject to the term. Current associates are not eligible (*Rehires have to be inactive for min of 18 months to be eligible for this).
Title: Registered Nurse- INA
Department: Observation Unit
Schedule: Full-Time Days, 12hr shifts 7am-7:30pm with rotating weekends & holidays
Hospital: Ascension Saint Joseph Medical Center
Location: 333 N. Madison Street, Joliet, IL
Compassionate, personalized care has a new name. Saint Joseph Medical Center is now part of Ascension Illinois.
Looking for energetic, compassionate, motivated, team-oriented Nurses to join our Observation Unit at St. Joseph Medical Center. Our flagship hospital in the Joliet area, Saint Joseph Joliet provides the sophisticated care you expect from an academic medical center, with the personal attention of a local hospital. We're one of Chicagoland's top hospitals according to Chicago Magazine, with multiple specialties ranked by U.S. News and World Report. Our 480-bed facility includes a nationally recognized heart and vascular program that can handle even the most complex procedures, as well as one of the nation's leading cancer centers, three Healing Arts Pavilion treatment centers, and a high-capacity Level II emergency and trauma center.
What You Will Do:
Provide direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures, and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implement and monitor patient care plans.
- Monitor, record, and communicate patient condition as appropriate.
- Serve as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Note and carry out physician and nursing orders.
- Assess and coordinate patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Illinois Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred. Nurses hired after May 23, 2014, who have a diploma or an associates' degree in nursing will be required to be accepted into a BSN program within six (6) months of the nurse's hire date. The nurse will be required to complete a BSN program within three (3) years of his/her hire date.
- Two to four years of clinical nurse experience preferred.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
Ascension Illinois, one of the largest health systems in Illinois, with 15 hospitals and over 150 sites of care, serves over 6.6 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area. A career at Ascension means you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all.
Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electornic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more inforamtion.