Job Role: Residential Development Manager (Ref 7414)
Location: Evesham, Worcestershire
Salary: £9,877.98 per annum plus rent-free accommodation
Job Sector: Freemont Retirement - A FirstPort Company
Hours: Monday, to Friday 9am-1pm (20 hours per week)
As Residential Development Manager you will be:
- Providing an efficient and professionalservice to our residents by ensuring the development is a safe and comfortable environment for them to enjoy.
- Delivering a high standard of customer service to our residents by following company procedures and industry best practice at all times
- Maintaining high standards of health & Safety throughout the development
The Retirement Development Manager reports to the Property Manager.
- Maintain a high level of availability to residents, and ensure that daily checks of resident welfare are undertaken. Provide a responsive approach being friendly and approachable at all times
- In the event of an emergency, contact the appropriate persons and informing next of kin.
- Build and maintain links with local authorities; doctors, social workers, health authority, etc. which may assist residents.
- Work closely with residents associations, where applicable, to ensure needs are met as far as practical in liaison with the Property Manager and Head Office.
- Encourage the setting up and participation of a Social Committee and help residents arrange events as and when requested.
- Escort prospective purchasers to view properties, providing them with information on how the development operates and information concerning Freemont Property Managers Limited. Where appropriate report to the Property Manager any doubts on the suitability of any prospective resident.
- Ensure all equipment and services are maintained to a high standard and regular services and maintenance are undertaken and complete and maintain associated records.
- Liaise with local contractors to ensure works are completed to a high standard while obtaining the best value for money for our residents
- Carry out a wide variety of administrative tasks, including a daily diary of events on the development and ensure notice boards and communication to residents is kept up to date.
- Undertake additional training and development to increase your personal skills in managing a development.
What you ll be responsible for
- Health and Safety - ensure Health & Safety records and checks are being adhered to in a timely manner
- Development Budgets - you will have a good understanding of the budget for your developments and be able to answer queries from residents
- Maintenance - Placing works orders with local contractors
You will have experience of working within a customer service environment and have a passion for providing an exceptional level of customer service at all times, ideally within a residential environment. You will have good knowledge or experience of Health & Safety, and will be able to identify issues within a building.
An excellent and effective communicator with the ability to explain complex issues, you will also be able to communicate diplomatically in challenging situations, remaining calm, and showing empathy. You will be able to make measured decisions when working under pressure, finding successful resolutions to challenging issues.
You will have great administration and IT skills, and be confident in learning new systems. You will be able to demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills, and be able to develop good relationships with residents, their families, healthcare professionals and contractors.
You will have a friendly and approachable manner, and be able to engage with others in a professional and courteous way. You will be organised and methodical, and have a diligent approach to your daily tasks.
This role does not include providing nursing and/or personal care but would suit someone who has experience of working with vulnerable groups.