Safeguarding Officer full-time Nottingham role.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity for an experienced Safeguarding Officer full-time Nottingham who is truly dedicated to supporting pupils in their care. The role is full-time (term-time only) to start in September 2022 supporting education and training. You will be responsible to the Head Teacher/Senior Designated Safeguarding Lead through the Academy's Line Management structure. Your main role is to provide advice and support to other staff members on child welfare and child protection matters, to take part in strategy discussions and inter-agency meetings, and/or to support other staff to do so, and to contribute to the assessment of children as directed by the Senior Designated Safeguarding lead.
Safeguarding Officer full-time Nottingham duties include:
- Refer cases to the local authority children social care, Channel programme and Police/Disclosure and Barring Service as required
- Support staff to make referrals
- Act as a point of contact with the three safeguarding partners
- Liaise with the Headteacher, "case manager", designated officers at the local authority and with staff members (especially pastoral staff, SENDCo, school nurses, IT Technician etc.) on matters of safeguarding and safety
- Act as a source of support, advice and expertise for all staff
- Carry out the assessment process for providing early help and statutory intervention
- Keep detailed, accurate, secure written records of concerns and referrals
- Encourage a culture of listening to children and taking account of their wishes and feelings, among all staff, in any measures the school may put in place to protect them.
A full list of Safeguarding Officer full-time Nottingham duties will be provided upon application.
- Experience of working within a safeguarding role is essential
- Experience of working within an educational establishment is essential
- Experience with minute taking and report writing is essential
- Degree level qualification and a safeguarding qualification is desirable
- Have knowledge and understanding of 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'
- Must be able to work with others as part of a team
- An enhanced DBS is needed (ideally on update service), or willingness to secure a new one if needed
All applicants are subject to Academics compliance vetting and background checks in line with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education' (KCSIE).
- Industry leading daily rates of pay
- A great pension scheme
- Holiday pay included
- A local, supportive team - your own dedicated consultant and point of contact here at Academics
- Education and training provided where needed - refresher courses in safeguarding and prevent training amongst others
- Refer a friend loyalty schemes
- 5 Google reviews - check out our feedback!
The Doncaster South Yorkshire Academics branch are keen to secure a committed Safeguarding Officer full-time Nottingham to work with a fantastic client partner school of Academics. Education and training support can be provided.