Would you like to help businesses stand out on the road? If so, we'd love to have you join our dynamic sales team as an Account Manager! We need someone who truly appreciates the connection between marketing and sales, and someone with an eye for catching people's attention. Our Interstate Logos office in Columbus, OH is now hiring a new salary + commission Account Manager to help us enhance the Interstate Logo Program in the state of Ohio.
The Interstate Logos division of Lamar Advertising is the largest provider of contract logo signing and tourist-oriented directional signing (TODS) programs, partnering with State Transportation Agencies since 1988. Interstate Logos is a wholly owned subsidiary of Lamar Media Corp., which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Lamar Advertising.
Lamar Advertising is one of the largest outdoor advertising companies in the world. Lamar offers advertisers a variety of advertising formats, helping both local businesses and national brands stand out from the competition. We live by the Golden Rule, and we operate with honesty and integrity in every aspect of our business. We are open with our employees, transparent with our customers, and loyal to the communities in which we serve. We have been in business for over 100 years, and we have stayed true to our mission and values. While Lamar is a large company, each office has its own culture and family atmosphere, making employees feel connected both locally and nationally.
Want to hear more about Lamar? Check out these videos:
- About Us
- Giving Back Program
We offer a highly competitive and comprehensive compensation & benefits package for all full-time employees. Some of our benefit offerings include, but are not limited to, multiple medical plan options, dental and vision insurance, paid vacation/sick time, 401K plan, and incentivized wellness programs.
First year earning potential for this position is $35,000 - $45,000 / year. Guaranteed minimum salary between $35,000 to $40,000 with the potential to earn a $5,000 bonus. Employee can also expect a phone and auto allowance.
The purpose of the Account Manager is to meet and exceed sales and renewal objectives in the assigned territory by promoting and selling B2B (Business to Business) interstate logo signs and/or TODS (Tourist-oriented directional signing). An Account Manager is expected to use professional sales techniques, provide exceptional customer service, and develop long term relationships that grow Interstate Logos sales.
- Meet and exceed sales targets by targeting and regularly calling on by phone and face to face every eligible business within the assigned territory/account list.
- Responsible for assisting with customer annual renewals including making calls by phone and face to face to obtain renewal participation agreements and secure payments.
- Assist participants with the design of their business logo or TODS, drawing on experience to assist in developing a design that is legible and utilizes colors that have proven the most effective for visibility.
- Visit, inspect and verify compliance of each participant in the assigned territory annually.
- Become proficient in the use of available computer tools and asset management system (database).
- Continually develop product knowledge and acquire better sales and customer service skills.
- Assist in monitoring participant payments and collections.
- Promptly respond to and provide resolution for any questions or concerns by Program participants
- Plan each day, week, and month in advance; plan sales calls.
- Maintain organized, up-to-date records of eligible businesses and sales activity.
- Ensure your automobile has a neat and professional appearance.
- Maintain a professional sales appearance.
- Work a minimum 40 hours, five days a week.
- Travel overnight when necessary.
- Cluster your field work geographically, and manage your time effectively.
- Analyze and monitor personal sales data and reports.
- Maintain participant files.
- Be prepared to submit daily planners/call reports, sales plans, and sales forecasts on a timely basis.
- Follow-up on all participant production orders, and ensure timely sign installations.
- Communicate with participants to resolve any customer issues or concerns in real time.
- Check signs, participant eligibility, etc. on a regular basis.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
- Working knowledge of personal computers, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to speak on a one-to-one basis using appropriate vocabulary and grammar to explain information to others
- Ability to make oral presentations to provide information or explain policies and procedures.
- Skill in speaking with persons of various social, cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds.
- Ability to explain the signing opportunity to potential participants from installation and product standpoints.
- Skill in writing grammatically correct routine business correspondence.
- Ability to perform effectively under fluctuating workloads.
- Skill in establishing rapport and gaining the trust of others.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to meet a sales quota.
- Working knowledge of general sales techniques.
- Ability to cold call businesses.
- Ability to be intrinsically motivated to succeed and withstand rejection.
- Skill in working independently and following through on assignments with minimal direction.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- College degree preferred
- Previous sales experience is preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- The primary work environment is an office and car.
- The physical demands for this position include light lifting (20 to 30 pounds), pushing, reaching, seeing (with focus on reading, color distinction, acuity, peripheral vision, and depth perception), some sitting, standing, stooping, walking, talking, and turning.
- Nights spent traveling are 25 to 50%.
Lamar is an EOE/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans or any other State or Federally protected characteristic
Disability Self-Identification: When applying for a job with Lamar, you will be asked to voluntarily self-identify whether you have a disability. Please take a moment to watch this video for clarification on why we're asking for this information!
California Residents - Lamar collects personal information in the ordinary course of considering job applicants. This information may include, for example, name, address, phone number and other contact information, employment history and reference contact information, and any other information provided by an applicant to Lamar. By submitting an application, you consent to the use or sharing of this personal information solely for the purpose of consideration for employment by Lamar. Lamar will not sell this information.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)